baby veiled?

e30nate

i was at a local pet store which is usually very good at keeping their animals and stuff, but today i was very dissapointed. they have some baby veileds right now that are very very small i think. they are maybe an inch long. my question is how old could they possibly be being that small? they were also on the bottom shelf, pretty much on the floor next to a big snake, and they had a water bowl instead of a dripper.

IMG00148-20101217-1100.jpg

My guess is they're about a month old.

I'll take month old veileds because I know I'll care for them properly as does the breeders so we don't worry.

If I feel like the person that's interested in them wouldn't provide them with a proper home, I wont sell them to them.

As far as the rest of the stuff, ya they're doing it wrong :(

yeah i figured probably about a month. i asked the lady how old they were and if they were male or female, and all she said was idk, we just get them in and are told theyre babies :/

It's better for the employee to say they don't know (but can find out!) then to make stuff up on the spot.

If they tried to push it as 3 months and female (when it had spurs) then you know they're just trying to make a sale.

My guess is there about a month old. Many experienced owners would take them in at this age because we would know how to care for them that young. As for the care of them there doing it wrong your right and it is sad when a chameleon is not properly cared for.

it is sad. i went to another pet store the same day, and they had a couple jacksons chams and a baby veiled that was even smaller. these ones were in better cages with drippers and stuff, but the baby veiled was hiding with his eyes closed in the middle of the day.

Back
Top Bottom