baby veild, broken leg??

blondekiss

While feeding my baby veilds today I noticed that my first hatched cham was walkin funny. I picked him up & his leg looks broken or deformed :( just above the foot. He still runs down wen I put the fruit flies in but he's really struggling to grip and sits on a wooden hide I have in their nursery. I am not having a gud time wit this clutch, as sum of u no I've had 1 baby wit no eyes and 1 baby wit 1 eye and now this !! I've put him in a small tub on his own so if he falls it not from a big height. Vets shut till monday, is there anything else I can do? Poor lill mite is having his first shed 2 so really int happy. Iam on my fone so can't put pics in thread but ill get 1 2moz and put it in my album so u can c wot I mean.

Sorry to hear that you have having such a hard time with you clutch. Separating him into something small was a good idea. How's he doing now?

can we see photos?
unfortunately, if he really is that young, theres not much you can do about it.

If he was older, you might be able to splint the leg, or let it heal on its own, but when they are soo sooo young, they are just too tiny for modern medicine.

Can I get some help appreciate it

So I had my veil Chameleon for a week n half now and recently he fell because he was climbing up my shoulder but he fell and my height is 4'9 and well it looks like he's having trouble climbing up the branches because it looks like as if he were dragging his back legs and I'm not sure if he broke his legs or there could be something very wrong with him and all I have been doing for him was giving him water keeping him warm because the next morning I found him on the floor of his cage and he was very cold so when I thought putting him under a light so that he can get warm so if anybody can give me a very good answer I would really really appreciate it because I do really need some help

Please post a photo.
also...if he's having difficulty moving watch you don't overheat him leaving him in the basking area.

Back
Top Bottom