Baby Pygmy chameleon surprise!!!!

Meximeleon

Well ten minutes ago I went to my room to shut off the pygmy chameleon lights a little late...anyways to my surprise I found 2 baby pygmy chameleons in the enclosure! I just whipped up a enclosure for them a small 2.5 gallon with some plants and some sticks. I will have pictures up soon let me know what you guys think.

-Thanks

Here are some pictures of the little guys/girls?!!!!!

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

congrats on the little ones, i have 7lil ones and they are fun to watch...

Last edited:
Thanks! they truly are and they have funny over sized heads. The funny thing is I wasn't even expecting any I just randomly found them walking around. Do you have any suggestions on the enclosure? When should I start to feed them fruit flys?

Thanks! they truly are and they have funny over sized heads. The funny thing is I wasn't even expecting any I just randomly found them walking around. Do you have any suggestions on the enclosure? When should I start to feed them fruit flys?

how long have you had the mom an dad? musta been more then 60 days lolall i used to begin with was a good size cricket keeper built a jungle gym out of wood skewers hot glued them an added sticks an i added alil moss to hold moistureas you see they are tiny, mine started eatin like 2 days after they hatched hope you have the smaller of the two fruit flies cause the bigger ones are to big. i also found with mine while they eat fruitflies they like pinheads better
edir for pic... heres a pic of the lil set up i used for mine.
IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Tomorrow I will build a little jungle gym for the little guys and add some moss...do you have any idea on what the fruit flys are called? (the smaller ones) I have had my pygmy chameleons since January of 09' My male recently passed away :(....but he left me this surprise!

i used the melanogaster cause the hydel flies were to big for them.an like i said i fed them those then pinheads

Wow! What a great surprise! Do you think she only laid 2 eggs. Not sure what's average for a pygmy.

I was wondering if any baby chameleons sleep more than adults? Or if they take naps? Just want to know things to look out for.

Babies have been known to doze during the day, just make sure your temps are right, and even though it's debated....get them a UVB light. 2.0 for pygs

Also I think it's fascinating that she laid eggs and they incubated, healthy, naturally .....just like in nature. I'm shocked they didn't mold some how.

Back
Top Bottom