Babies Eating Silks

Took some photos of the babies yesterday, I was feeding them silk worms. They were very scared of my hand... but once a silkworm was placed on a branch the little guys would come clambering to get a bite to eat :D.

KevinZamp06_18_20103488RSRC.jpg

The silkworm wouldn't let go....

KevinZamp06_18_20103495RSRC.jpg

NOM NOM NOM

KevinZamp06_18_20103506RSRC.jpg

:eek: That first pic has to be the cutest baby cham pic EVER! I nearly cried, it's so cute! Does that l'il sweetie have a name?

I didn't get a picture of this.... but one of the babies was hanging down from the top of the cage aiming for a silkworm. When he shot and hit the worm, the silk wouldn't let go. when the baby pulled with his tongue, the silk still didn't move. He tried again, pulling harder than he was holding on! lol! He went swinging from his tongue with the worm at the end, that seemed to be enough and the worm came loose. as he was falling he pulled the worm into his mouth and caught himself on a lower set of branches. This all happened in a split second, it was comedy watching the little guy. he did a couple of flips on the way down. again, he landed safe. He sat with the worm hanging out of his mouth for a second looking around like 'WTF?!?' and then started to chew up his snack and went back to the top to join his buddies.

its so funny when the babies are caged together, one will always grab another's leg or head, lol. great photos, funny story too.

You have some amazing looking chams there and some pretty inredible picture snappin skills to boot.

Did they both shoot at it? Was there a tug of war?I have seen my guys actually shoot food out of another's mouth! What a strange expression the loser had when he chomped down and there was nothing there.

Back
Top Bottom