B. superciliaris or therezieni?

mphelps

Established Member
I purchased a male and a female B. superciliaris from different sources. I feel confident that my female is a superciliaris, but I am concerned that my male is a therezieni.

Can anyone with experience with these species help identify my male?

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Staff member
I agree that the male appears to be a B. therezieni based on the spines on the wide of the tail. They are difficult to differentiate, however. Could you post another pic of the female so I can see the side of her tail as well?

Chris

mphelps

Established Member
Chris,

Here is a picture of the female's tail. Fortunately, she was in the perfect position in her cage for me to capture an image of her tail.

Probably more revealing, I have uploaded two images of a CH male from the female. He is a young adult now, and the sides of his tail are much smoother than those of my adult male. Hence, I believe that my adult male is a therezieni.

My female has laid two clutches since I purchased her, but in both cases she scattered the eggs on the floor of her cage and did not bury them or deposit them under moss. From the two clutches, I recovered only one egg in good condition, and so I have one CH superciliaris.

I would love to find additional superciliaris. They are wonderful animals.

Attachments

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Staff member
Yeah, those two look superciliaris to me as well. They look great and hopefully you'll be able to pair both species up before too long.

Chris

Top Bottom