B. fusca, P. surinamensis (FL legal!) Clean up crews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pssh

Avid Member
I have a few lots of roaches available!

B. fusca "Dusky Cave Roach"

These are a really neat pet roach as well as a feeder. They have their own behaviors and are very interesting to watch. Their care is just about exactly the same as B. dubia roaches. B. fusca are about 3 inches as adults. Both males and females are winged but they cannot fly. They cannot climb glass or smooth plastic either. They give live birth to 30+ babies at a time. Males are much smaller in mass than females and are lighter in color. Because I haven't had these scientifically examined, I cannot guarantee that they are "pure" so they are sold at hybrid prices!

50 mixed lot B. fusca hybrid - $20 shipped
100 mixed lot B. fusca hybrid - $30 shipped

P. surinamensis "Suriname Roaches"

P. surinamensis or "Suriname roaches" are a very neat tropical species. They are small, live bearing, and rather round. They are a beautiful deep burgundy color as nymphs and are dark brown and winged as adults. They reach a size of about 1 inch as adults and are born about 1/8th of an inch as babies. The nymphs have an interesting divide on their abdomen where the burgundy color turns from shiny to dull. The front half of the nymph is the shiny end. These roaches are very interesting in that they do not need males to reproduce. Because they are parthenogenic, they are very prolific breeders. All individuals that you will receive will be female, and therefore all will be able to reproduce at adulthood. These roaches have the ability to climb glass and smooth surfaces though they generally do not when their needs are met. They cannot fly, however.

Housing

These roaches will not thrive without a moist substrate. They need at least 2 inches of a moist substrate (compost, soil, coco fiber, etc.) If they are not provided with a suitable substrate, they will escape to find a better habitat (usually another roach bin.) We have not had any issues with escape except when the substrate has dried out. These do well in a plastic or glass container and require a small amount of ventilation. Olive oil works well as a barrier for this species. They will not produce unless temperatures are kept above 80 degrees F and preferably over 85 degrees F. Like all roaches, these guys will eat plant matter as well as other food items. We prefer to feed them a dry food and to use veggies and fruits as a water source.

50 mixed lots - $15 shipped
100 mixed lots - $25 shipped

A. diaperinus "Buffalo Worms/Clean up crew!"

These are great as a food source for smaller reptiles, and they are great for helping to clean up roach and cricket bins. They reproduce by themselves in roach bins!

Care:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/pssh/580-alphitobius-diaperinus-aka-lesser-mealworms.html

50-100 worms plus some beetles - $15 shipped

Please email me at [email protected] to order. I only have a few lots of roaches, so get them quick!

Shipping is through USPS and is free. Sent through 1-3 day mail. Live arrival guaranteed (LAG) as long as your temps are above freezing and below 85.

Out of B. fusca!

Have a small lot of 10 female adult/sub-adult hissers left over from a colony a while back. Too big to feed my chameleons. They come with a male also.

$15 shipped USPS 1-3 day shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom