auto misting machine

nightcrawler

Avid Member
i need to invest in a cheep but effective auto-misting machine. i no that i wont get anything good for cheep and that i need to invest more money to get something decent but i need it to mist on the days i can only get two mistings in and while my dripper drys out midday.

is the Habba Mist automatic misting machine worth $40?

should i make my own or is it too much of a hassle?

i need to invest in a cheep but effective auto-misting machine. i no that i wont get anything good for cheep and that i need to invest more money to get something decent but i need it to mist on the days i can only get two mistings in and while my dripper drys out midday.

i have a habba mist.. but ended up never using it at all though.. I got it from ebay long time ago.. so the box is open.. but i have never use it..
I bought a misting system from somebody in this forum and has been very happy with it..
Some like habba mist.. and some just hate it..
some even say it should be named 'habba spit' :D

If you want you can buy it from me cheap.
I am trying to get rid of it..
Although, i suggest you buy the professional one (about 200 bucks)... it is Sooooo totally worth it.

Maybe when we get over 50 chams we will consider an auto mister but we like the air pressure pump bottles *OSH* its fun giving the chams showers lol.:p

I use the habba mist. It's basically a glorified dripper. It might be good if you go out of town for a couple of days and can't hand mist..or as an addition to get extra water in there...but you can't compare it to a pro mister which will actually mist.

I don't think the Habba Mist is worth a darn, but mine was very inspiring to me, personally. :)

A $2 squirt bottle makes a much better mist than the HabbaSpit. It's extremely cheaply made, but it has to be to sell for that price. It's loud enough to hear in every room of our 1,800 square feet house even though it's in the far corner of the house. (Yeah, that's fun when your five year old son unplugs it from the timed outlet strip and lets it go off in the middle of the night!)

Save your money. Heck, just put it in a box in the closet and save the hassle of buying a piece of plastic. :)

As for DIY misting, well, it can certainly be done. Lots of people do it; you just have to decide how much your time is worth and if you will receive a good return on your investment.

If you spend ten hours of your free time driving around town to build a system with $60 worth of parts and it doesn't work, did you really save anything?

WOW!

I didn't realize everyone hated the habba misters so much... I have 3 of them, one on each of my chams. I can see the arguments that everyone makes but for my purposes, they work just fine. I would eventually like to switch to a more professional and not quite so deafening system. If someone will sell it to you for like 20 bucks then go for it, but I would go with everyone else's advice, they are usually right... LOL. Spend a little extra now, it will be worth it later.

Habba mist doesnt run long enough. Thats why its no good. You need to have misting sessions run 15-20 minutes. I run 2-3 of those sessions a day.

If you spend ten hours of your free time driving around town to build a system with $60 worth of parts and it doesn't work, did you really save anything?

dude, i realize that you are trying to make sales, but 10 hours is a totally ridiculous overstatement. settle down with the sales pitch already.

for nightcrawler my vote will always be DIY, skip the habbamist, but if the more realistic 2-4 hours of your time isn't worth it, then yea, go buy one coz they are great to have.

if you're REALLY short on $$ then can't you just upgrade your dripper so it won't run out of water so quickly? the habbamist is not totally worthless, but not really worth it either considering what you could make yourself for the same price tag.

I dont think you can really build your own system for much cheaper than you can buy one complete online? If you can PLEASE let me know how? I think the pumps themselves are $100.00 or better. I have found no spray nozzles at my local Lowes. I know the tubing is cheap.

dude, i realize that you are trying to make sales, but 10 hours is a totally ridiculous overstatement. settle down with the sales pitch already.

for nightcrawler my vote will always be DIY, skip the habbamist, but if the more realistic 2-4 hours of your time isn't worth it, then yea, go buy one coz they are great to have.

if you're REALLY short on $$ then can't you just upgrade your dripper so it won't run out of water so quickly? the habbamist is not totally worthless, but not really worth it either considering what you could make yourself for the same price tag.

Overstating the point was well; the point… Dude… The price that you pay for a Hub Mist when compared to other options is ridiculous; most people who buy the Hub Mist soon realize this. Furthermore, I fail to see a ‘pitch’ in his post are we reading the same thing?

You are correct however when you say that the Hub Mist is not totally worthless! It can be used for tons of things, for example: paper weight, land fill material, miscellaneous parts for the home builder, and ever a home security device used for throwing at potential home invaders. The possibilities are truly endless!!!

Of course there are tons of DIY options for drip systems that are simple, cheap and easy to make, however a DIY misting system is much harder to create. If you want some sort of auto watering device that you can make on your own stick with a drip system, if you want a ‘mist’ system then save up your pennies and get a ‘real’ system that is worth buying with your hard earned money.

RO Booster Pump

Here is what the pros use if you want a DIY Pump. An Aquatec CDP6660. Just add a Spray Nozzle , resovoir, and timer and the sytem is complete.

I hook mine directly to my 6 stage RO/DI system to avoid a resovoir all together and wrap tubing around my light shroud several times to heat the water to 80 degrees or higher when misting.

Here is a link to two available right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVERSE-OSMOSIS...ryZ20684QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nope, not a sales pitch at all. That's just restating what someone told me about his experience with trying to find good parts online and in the town where he lives. I can totally believe it, considering that no one place ever seems to have everything you need.

I love doing stuff myself. When the radiator side tank started leaking in my car, I knew I could change it out. 1-800-RADIATORS is here in Vegas, so I had one delivered in an hour. It took me four hours to change out since it was the first time I did it on that car...because of one stupid hidden screw and the location of the battery tray. Of course, now I could do it in about thirty minutes. It's not complicated at all, there are just little "gotchas" waiting around every corner.

Yup, I saved a hundred bucks by doing it myself, but one of my two nights off per week was shot since I got to spend it with my car instead of my family.

Here is a link to two available right now:

Wow, only $27 Priority Mail shipping, too! They'll fit in a flat rate box, so he's only jacking that up by $19!

Checked some of that seller's past auctions. If he's selling that pump for $38, I would use fireproof mitts before I picked it up because it's hotter than August in Vegas.

Last edited:
It $57 plus shipping US $17.50 , US Postal Service Priority or
US $16.16 UPS Ground to my part of the world.

Just trying to give people the ability to build a professional misting system for under $100.

settle down ya'll. i wasn't trying to offend or attack anyone, simply stating the fact when lasergecko tells someone it takes 10 hours to do, he has ulterior motives simply beacuse he is in business. it's nothin personal, i think he has a great product and would recommend it for anyone that wants to buy a system. but it sure doesn't seem like this guy wants to buy one. i am not doubting that building for some people it would take longer, for some reason or another, but i think this is more the exception than the rule.

chad, i dunno why you gotta have such attitude over my comment about the habba not being worthless - after all i DID say it's not really worth it either. it sustained my vieled, therefore it's not totally worthless. did i suggest he buy one?? no. so just simmer down now :p

Either go with a dripper and pump spray, or spend the money on a good misting system. Do not settle with a squeeze bottle or habbamist.

This is what I use. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=239277-78071-27010&lpage=none
If you do not mind spending the time at least twice a day to do it then it works great. I let almost a entire gallon spray on each cham in the morning and believe me that takes a while. I use a half gallon each on the afternoon and evening spray. It was 13 bucks and they love it. My panther comes to the front when I start pumping it and I fill it with hot water. :D
That is not the exact one I have and it has no pesticide but that is what my sprayer looks like. They are in the garden section. You can get them at home depot or lowes for like 9-12 bucks. I might go buy the two gallon to go longer.

hmm. well thanks for all your conflicting advice. i dont have a problem keeping the humidity up having a fish tank and a turtle tank in my room but i was thinking it would be for him to have something to drink all the time. ill be done with school for this semester in a week so i dont think i need to get an automatic mister just yet. the dripper i have is just a small like 12 oz wide short cup that you put like leftovers in. its the only thing that can fit on the top if the cage. there is only about 6 inches from the top to the roof. and when i do mist him i just use a 24 oz hand sprayer and mist that.

is 70% pretty much always for a veild too much?

hmm. well thanks for all your conflicting advice. i dont have a problem keeping the humidity up having a fish tank and a turtle tank in my room but i was thinking it would be for him to have something to drink all the time. ill be done with school for this semester in a week so i dont think i need to get an automatic mister just yet. the dripper i have is just a small like 12 oz wide short cup that you put like leftovers in. its the only thing that can fit on the top if the cage. there is only about 6 inches from the top to the roof. and when i do mist him i just use a 24 oz hand sprayer and mist that.

is 70% pretty much always for a veild too much?

conflicting it is :D

Back
Top Bottom