Arizona Reptile club.

Sang

Hey all,

recently i have decided i kinda want to make a group for either a weekly or monthly get togethers..

now the question is what would these meetings before, could we get speakers for different reptiles and subjects ...and would anyone be interested

i do have a building available to me, would hold about 50 people give or take.

so if anyone is interested, please let me know, id like to plan this out for a sunday between 4-8 depending on a time that could be agreed upon by all.

things needed....

projector and or laptop, speakers, random people to talk about projects they are working on and or species native to AZ.

i would somehow like to make this into a good time for the fellow herpers out here. i would also considering posting this as well on other reptile forums depending on my response here.

I have talked to Dan about this. Would love to get something going, that's for certain. I also have a room available that could hold up to 200 people, but it is in my part of the valley.
However, it does have a projector available and speakers... and I do have a laptop. Though, a centralized location will be good.

Let me know the plan! I would definitely be interested. I'm terrible at public speaking but I could probably put something together on geckos.... :p

Phoenix has one of the best herp clubs that I have ever seen. They are the ones that put on the whole petting zoo / snake set up at the Tucson show. Looks like the work has already been done. Unless you want to do a chameleon only club or somethin.

That is a herpetological society, I think what James wants to do is just a club and not a paid membership idea, but feel free to correct me..

Not to mention I think it is about an hour away from me...

Also from what i can see the AZHS is mostly snake chasers which could be fun but not really what I would be looking for in a "club"

I would be down to drive just about anywhere within reason if enough people were going and it was interesting enough :D

Yah, more of a private club, as good as the azhs is, I dunno I'd like something a little private, more often.

I need to look into the azhs systems and what they do, a chameleon only group I think would be hard, maybe, gecko, chameleon and ... Club... I just would hate to limit myself to having other things.

Back
Top Bottom