Arcadia light placement

ChamHoudini

I just got my arcadia lights today and WOW they are something else I cant believe these lights but I want to make sure that I am not over doing it for the chameleons. I have a few different types of enclosures a 260 gallon reptarium, an lllreptile type of enclosure that is 24" l x 24" w x 48" h a couple of the zilla large enclosures that are 30" l x 18" w x 30" h as well as an exo terra that is 18 x 18 x 24. So I was wondering if I could just place the lights on top of all the enclosures or how far should I back them off of the tank to not give them too much light?

p.s. THANK YOU SO MUCH Light My Reptiles for great lights

I have two enclosures, one screen and one mesh, and I have set my Arcadia lights right on top of each enclosure. I used the 'stand' with each one so the lights don't actually touch the screen or mesh.

I just got my arcadia lights today and WOW they are something else I cant believe these lights but I want to make sure that I am not over doing it for the chameleons. I have a few different types of enclosures a 260 gallon reptarium, an lllreptile type of enclosure that is 24" l x 24" w x 48" h a couple of the zilla large enclosures that are 30" l x 18" w x 30" h as well as an exo terra that is 18 x 18 x 24. So I was wondering if I could just place the lights on top of all the enclosures or how far should I back them off of the tank to not give them too much light?

p.s. THANK YOU SO MUCH Light My Reptiles for great lights

No...
Thank you!:)

If I remember, you got the 6% right>?
On the 260 you can just set it on top.
That is tall enough and just keep basking spots directly under the light about 14" ... if not directly under the light than they can go closer to the top.
Also, do the same on the 48" tall one.

Now If you can position them up a bit higher off the 30" tall cage and the 24" cage ... say up 6 - 8 inches... and then keep the branches/ basking spots 14" - 16" away (distance from branch to bulb) ... then thats fine.

Or see pics too to make a UV fee Zone at one end... if you want.

Please post some pics of your set-ups! :)

Thank you.
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

• low uv zone xxx.jpg
    low uv zone xxx.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 258
  • xxxuv zones.jpg
    xxxuv zones.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 278
  • solarmeter and arcadia testing 12and 24 xxx.jpg
    solarmeter and arcadia testing 12and 24 xxx.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 266
Thanks again Todd. You are correct I got the 3 6% ordered from ya last week. I will hit the hardware store tomorrow and make a pvc pipe hanger for the lights on the smaller cages to get the lights moved away. As soon as I get it all set up I will post photos of the ever growing gang :p

So here are some pics with the lights sitting on top of the cages. I decided to go with a chain from the ceiling that I am about to put up but figured Id post the cages before hand for any input on the lights.

The exoterra I plan on putting the light about 7" above the tanks

image(1).jpg

Same with the zilla tanks

image.jpg

and here is the LLL reptile type cage

photo(2).JPG

Let me know what you think and what I might be able to do differently.

Back
Top Bottom