Anyone looking for a Meller's in London Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addicted

Established Member
I've never seen them for sale here before but there's a female Meller's at Pet Paradise right now, I'd estimate her at about 6" SVL, and she's selling for $199.
Just thought I'd let everyone know;) I'd take her myself if I had extra money for the cage, etc.

hey im here in london and i actually seen her too ,they had a male as well at first but it died cause they have no clue how to care for their reptiles, what kinda chams do you have...do u breed them, i have just started to breed panthers and veilds

How do they know it's a female?
This species is not sexually dimorphic.
The pet store is guessing the gender.

-Brad

they had a male and the female and you could tell the difference.....they looked like pics i researched...what does dimorphic mean brad? please explain as this interests me greatly...they are a really shitty pet shop!

they had a male and the female and you could tell the difference.....they looked like pics i researched...what does dimorphic mean brad? please explain as this interests me greatly...they are a really shitty pet shop!

You can't tell the difference.
The "male" may have been bigger or been showing some different colors, but you cannot sex these animals by looking for a difference in their appearance.

Sexually dimorphic means that the males and females look different from each other, as is the case with veileds, Panthers and many other chameleon species ... but not Melleri.

-Brad

aaaaaah, weirdly wnough you could see the difference between these, not in colour really but yeagh the size and face difference...but they could be 2 different males who knows, brad are you in the states or canada?

I've had several dealing with pet store reptiles, and used to work at a PetSmart.
From personal experience alone I would suggest trying to avoid pet store reptiles. I know PetSmart claims all their animals are captive breed, when many are wild caught, and Pet Paradise I know doesn't have a good reputation for pets in general.

But yes. I saw them too after getting back home from the Mississauga Reptile Expo, and will say the pet paradise set up is better then any of the reptile habitats the PetSmarts here have (I'm also in London).

Though I am agreeing with Dindy when he said that they have no clue on how to care for their animals they're selling. So just a heads up for those interested but are concerned about health problems....

karma i also used to work the the mesonville petsmart and know how many chams have died in their habitats...its disgusting...whats petsmart did u work at? lol i might know yah!

It's the one in London, I guess they do have more then one location.

I agree, they don't care for their reptiles properly, I felt so bad for her(?), I would have taken her myself, but unfortunately I'm really just starting out with chams, and most of my house is filled with Fish tanks at the moment!

dindy, I have one male Ambanja Panther, I'd really like to get others but unlike my fish obsession, chams are expensive!
I know I'll get more in the future but right now it's more of a space thing...I have 8 tanks+a huge flexarium for cham+furniture+dogs+cats+oh, and don't forget the people=no more room! Ah well time to get a bigger place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom