Anyone in the US want to trade some eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heika

I have a bunch of r. brevicaudatus eggs, if anyone wants to trade eggs from another species. I have two unrelated breeding groups.

Heika

Heika

I plan to ship them in plastic containers with holes in the lid, packed in moist perlite, covered with damp cotton to minimize damage from movement. I know from experience the eggs are tougher than most would think. The neonates that are now 3-4 weeks old experienced some serious movement while they were incubating. The cats knocked the container onto the floor twice before I figured out a way to keep it a bit safer, and then I dropped the entire container onto a tile floor while I was checking on them. There were three that turned out to be infertile.. but the rest hatched.

I have shipped and received hatching poultry eggs in the past, and they are much more fragile. The hatch rate for them was pretty good, too.

Heika

Heika

Sorry, this is a really old advert. I am not interested in trading or selling eggs now, and really think that chameleon eggs don't do exceptionally well in shipping.

Thanks for the interest..

Ren

I was gong to say, I heard that if you flipped the egg over say upside down after it started to form the fetus if you will would drown... for lack of a proper explanation...this is what was told to me on another forum before i cam here...

Kent67

Retired Moderator
I was gong to say, I heard that if you flipped the egg over say upside down after it started to form the fetus if you will would drown... for lack of a proper explanation...this is what was told to me on another forum before i cam here...
I believe it is safe to change the orientation for at least the first week or two, before much development has taken place, without doing any harm. Unfortunately, it's a very easy way of taking protected species from the wild and happens to many species of reptiles...

Heika

I have actually dropped a full containers of eggs before.. doh.. that were within a couple weeks of hatching. The eggs ended up in a pile on the floor. I picked them all back up and put them back in the container, and ended up with a good hatch rate anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom