Any vet suggestions for Yuba City, CA?

HolyToledo

We are on the hunt for a vet in the Yuba City/Marysville, CA area that are experienced with chams.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

i only know one good one in CA and i think its Dr.Greek but im pretty sure you could find some locals but make sure they're experienced i once had a vet tell me "i wanna do a blood test to see if your 1 year old veiled chameleon is male or female" i hated him

It drives me crazy that some of the vets say they deal with exotics or reptiles but have never seen a cham let alone some of the different kinds.

My vet here is fantastic! I got lucky finding him. But it would cost more than a vet visit to get this cham here Oregon. So, we may as well just find a good vet close to where they live.

And, that is why I am asking for info here. I have a few places that I can cold-call but would rather have another cham keepers opinion...

Please?

Thanks Jann, I searched through that and there is nothing close. More people need to add to that thread. It could be so helpful if more people would contribute their vets names. So, I found a bunch of the people who live anywhere close to Sacramento and have PM'd them also. Waiting for answers and doing searches on other sites.

LocalVets.com came up with a couple for us to check out also.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you can only find a reasonably decent herp vet that has very little experience with chameleons you can always make sure to get all the advice here and bring it to the vet. If you're really lucky one of the vets here might agree to give you a few pointers in their lingo...

Here's one in Lincoln, that's not overly far away: http://www.crittercreekvet.com/

They say to call ahead and schedule for a reptile because not all their vets are experienced...I take heart in the fact they recognize there's a difference there.....

As I've suggested, make sure there's a conduit of information between your vet and whomever Crayola goes to because that can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom