Another Vet Visit is on Order- Chloe

okiroo

Avid Member
Your Chameleon - T.hoe, Female, 2years of age, Been with me for a year
Handling - Twice daily, for relocating
Feeding - Crikets, supers, waxworms, Moths, Butters, Calis, some WC Bugs. Waxworms and supers are a RARE treat.
Supplements - I have all three of the repcals(With 63 without d3 and multies) she doesnt hardly get any supplements. Makes her eyes puff up and her endama get worse. I might give her plain cal weekly and sometimes the other 2, again not much.
Watering -Shes misted atleast twice daily, yes she drinks, not every single time though.
Fecal Description - Parasites are a no(tested within the last 6 months?) Poops are usually pure white with a brown chunck. Sometimes theres a little bit of yellow. Mostly white.
History - I got her very healthy and unfortenitly caused her to get an RI quickly while giving her a shower(she freaks out during mistings) she was treated for that but then got another one quickly after and was treated by giving her more heat and warmness. Her eyes puff when she gets supplaments. I gave her cal with d3 today. Not hardly any. Also i notcie when i put her on the FR(she lives on the Fr but sleeps in a 12x12x18 at night so nothing happens to her)(she has fallen while sleeping, like a bad dream almost) (also rare)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Fr. Few feet up down and around. 4+ lights.
Lighting - 5.0 and 10.0 reptison compacts. Im switching to reptisun or something like that within a few weeks.
Temperature - 90-78(during the day) Temps get lower at night. closer to 74-75
Humidity - humidtly is 58+% in the exo where she sleeps. on the fr is depends on the time of day. mister goes off 4+ times and shes hand msited one time.
Plants - Useing ALOT of plants. She mostly hangs on 4 fake vines on the window.
Placement - My room fan is on. her vines are as high or low as she'd like to be. she can get 7.5+ feet of the ground.
Location - SC

Current Problem - A small abcess(mabey) forming near her eye? i checked her mouth, no mouth rot, she hasnt shown any signs of another RI and eats and drinks ALOT. she can shoot her tounge well at small feeders but shes not gr8.

Heres some pictures. shes going to the vet soon for a checkup. if its an abcess i'll call the vet and schedual a draining. Bless her shes always the ones getting sick :(.

Food for thought- why do her eyes puff after dustings?(im thinking im battleing a few diffrent issues here) her endama goes up and down becuz of dustings 2. When i dust it goes up. i've cut back her feeding alot becuz shes also sorta chuncky. shes been eating less for over a month now and really hasnt lost much weight? I must be doing something wrong and feel bad becuz i try very hard to keep them happy and healthy.

The eye puffing has been happening on and off for a while as with the endama(i think they relate) i cut back as much as i can but worry about MBD and give in and give her some cal. then her eyes puff a little. Most of the time they are normal. this happens rarely aswell.

full
[/IMG]
full

full

this is how she usually looks and a view of the bump thing:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
O'man, she is really going through a time. That bump is more than likely a result of an infection and it could be directly related to the eye swelling. I wish you guys a good vet and a speedy recovery.

She doesnt look like she is skipping any meals. If i could offer some friendly advice. I would tone her down a bit. It will be healthier for her all around. :)

It is very strange she keeps getting these eye infections. Maybe her lighting is wrong, plant is causing allergic reaction, etc. I also dont know if you spray many things around her like cleaners or air freshners.

O'man, she is really going through a time. That bump is more than likely a result of an infection and it could be directly related to the eye swelling. I wish you guys a good vet and a speedy recovery.

She doesnt look like she is skipping any meals. If i could offer some friendly advice. I would tone her down a bit. It will be healthier for her all around. :)

It is very strange she keeps getting these eye infections. Maybe her lighting is wrong, plant is causing allergic reaction, etc. I also dont know if you spray many things around her like cleaners or air freshners.

i know she does look really fat :/ i cut back her feeding more then half over a month ago and very little progress. shes now getting smaller crikets aswell. shes probally going to now be eating 25-30% of what she did back in may. but very little progress in weight loss(shes also active!). Does it look like an eye infection? when i mist her it usually goes away. when i touch it it doesnt seem to be fluid but more like air(as if she were puffing her eyes up) she can still see normal when this happens. All plants in the exo are safe, on the FR shes only on fake vines. New lighting will be bought soon, also i do spray some green bleech stuff on the bottem of the window sill and then clean it off(this is where they like to poop) but they dont make physical contact with this area

i'll be shure to update if i get an apt and what the vet says. :) might be a few days. (tuesday) Vets close of labor day and sundays.

I've read your previous threads and I'm thinking about your feeding.. Are you giving her only cricket and wax worms? I don't know what are the specifics of suplementing this species, but crickets are 1:12 Ca:p and wax worms are 1:7 Ca:p. If I understand corectly (english is my second language so I may not understood everything right ;)) you are not giving her much calcium, cause she gets shaky. Maybe you could try some other feeders with better Ca:p ratio, that way it could help with edema and you woudn't have to give her much calcium?

Again I'm not an expert, just trying to think of a way to help ;)

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

I've read your previous threads and I'm thinking about your feeding.. Are you giving her only cricket and wax worms? I don't know what are the specifics of suplementing this species, but crickets are 1:12 Ca:p and wax worms are 1:7 Ca:p. If I understand corectly (english is my second language so I may not understood everything right ;)) you are not giving her much calcium, cause she gets shaky. Maybe you could try some other feeders with better Ca:p ratio, that way it could help with edema and you woudn't have to give her much calcium?

Again I'm not an expert, just trying to think of a way to help ;)

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

no shes no longer shakey at all. idk why that was. and no she doesnt get many waxworms. like one a month. mostly crikets yes. other feeders are lited above and make up the rest of her diet.

Ima bump this and see if i can get any more ideas. i want to go over everything and fix whatever is causeing this. Poor baby needs to stop getting sick. Want her to live 8+ years :)

Im calling the vet to discus draining the bump

Back
Top Bottom