Ambilobe Pictures Then and Now!

lbesok

Avid Member
Our female Surabi, surprised me today, I went in and she was orange! Just wanted to share some pics of the Ambilobes.
Surabi 10/04/07 ~3mo.
PA040218.jpg

Surabi 12/06/07 ~5mo. 58g
PC060133.jpg

Mufasa 07/15/07 ~3mo.
P7140172.jpg

Mufasa 12/06/07 ~8mo. 72g
PC060146.jpg

love the second photo very gd and they r very nice ya lucky my cham had a fell today poor buger he seems ok though

They are beautiful! My little Nosy female looks the same as your pictures of your female do. She is only 6 months old, and turns from straight peach colors to black with peach colors. I put a laying container in for her last week even though she still seems very small to me.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I would be very interested to the see siblings of these two, to see how they are progressing, if you guys out there could post some! The male is from Mikes Picasso, and the female is a clip tail I got from Mike at the Tampa show.
My little Nosy female looks the same as your pictures of your female do. She is only 6 months old, and turns from straight peach colors to black with peach colors. I put a laying container in for her last week even though she still seems very small to me.
I would like to see recent pics of her too!

We just recently got a female nosy from chameleonbeauties.com. I was under the impression that she was WC, virgin, 12.mo and ready to breed. Got her and she weighed 44g (less than my 5mo. ambi), and come to find out this past weekend(we had no idea)was gravid :eek:. She was so small the eggs didn't want to come out, but with veterinary assistance over 4 days she laid 11 viable eggs! She is recovering well. It is ALWAYS a safe bet to provide every mature female with an egg laying sight! I wanted to show pics from after we first got her.

If anyone has any inclination as to why she might have an O written in marker on her side, please enlighten me.

PB170110.jpg

PB170117.jpg

It amazes me that people can actually tell the difference in locals by looking at the female. I hope to be good enough to be able to do that one day :D.

Last edited:
Here is my little girl nipped-tail Nosy. She is a sweet little chameleon.
DSCF0002-7.jpg

DSCF0005-6.jpg

Her planned boyfriend did not make it due to a prolapse, but she is trying hard to seduce Oscar Oustalet...and I think he would be fine with that! :)
DSCF0009-2.jpg

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I would be very interested to the see siblings of these two, to see how they are progressing, if you guys out there could post some! The male is from Mikes Picasso, and the female is a clip tail I got from Mike at the Tampa show.

I would like to see recent pics of her too!

We just recently got a female nosy from chameleonbeauties.com. I was under the impression that she was WC, virgin, 12.mo and ready to breed. Got her and she weighed 44g (less than my 5mo. ambi), and come to find out this past weekend(we had no idea)was gravid :eek:. She was so small the eggs didn't want to come out, but with veterinary assistance over 4 days she laid 11 viable eggs! She is recovering well. It is ALWAYS a safe bet to provide every mature female with an egg laying sight! I wanted to show pics from after we first got her.

If anyone has any inclination as to why she might have an O written in marker on her side, please enlighten me.

PB170110.jpg

PB170117.jpg

It amazes me that people can actually tell the difference in locals by looking at the female. I hope to be good enough to be able to do that one day :D.

I know it sounds funny, but if it was a WC, it's possible it was a marking to keep the different locales separate when they were collecting. I klnow if I was collecting, I'd do something similar to make sure there wasn't a mixup.

Here is my little girl nipped-tail Nosy. She is a sweet little chameleon.Her planned boyfriend did not make it due to a prolapse, but she is trying hard to seduce Oscar Oustalet...and I think he would be fine with that!
I remember you got her @ the Tampa show when I got Surabi. She's a little cutie and looks nice and healthy, I really like the pink hues that come out on her. I love the name Oscar Oustalet, he's looking good too.
I'm sorry to hear about your male nosy :(, it's always so heart breaking when they pass. We also lost the first female nosy that we got in July for Vega. If you'd like, since you are in the area, when she is ready she is WELCOME to breed with Vega our adult WC nosy! We have had him since 2/05 and he's been trying to get some ever since, but he's had some major hold ups! He is my favorite, we have been through a lot together and I am anxious to continue his bloodline. Here he is:

P9220044.jpg

I know it sounds funny, but if it was a WC, it's possible it was a marking to keep the different locales separate when they were collecting. I klnow if I was collecting, I'd do something similar to make sure there wasn't a mixup.

I would not be surprised if she is indeed WC and that is what the mark could mean. Thank you for your opinion. It makes sense for her to have been provided with the appropriate nutrients in the wild, that would almost be impossible to mimic in captivity, which would enable her to be so young and lay a successful clutch. I am just crossing my fingers that she is indeed nosy, since none of the other information from the "breeders" jived. In time only the eggs will reveal this mystery. Unless someone has a well trained eye and would be able to identify her for me as Nosy Be positive?????

Back
Top Bottom