Ambanja's??

Chameleoco

Recently got these two, who thinks they are Ambanja?

Attachments

• ambanjas 001.jpg
    ambanjas 001.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 190
  • ambanjas 047.jpg
    ambanjas 047.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 220
The second guy looks ambanja to me but the first one does not. Where did you get them?

through a friend in the uk.when he sleeps at night he goes like a fireball red orange and yellow looks quite impressive!my thoughts where he might be ambilobe with his white lips and variety of colours!

The second does look very ambanja but the first one is either a red bar ambilobe or a Maroantsetra/Masoala. I'm leaning towars a Masoala. There was a classified add for some of them a week ago one here and kingsnake and they looked alot like your guy there.

He was aquired in the UK and as far as I am aware he was not imported from the U.S. I have not heard of any masoala/maroantsetra in the U.K and I got them both off someone who has lines of Ambanja and Ambilobe and works in a safari park, so as far as im concerned they are not crosses, so red bar ambilobe does sound more likely:)

Im gonna have to say Masoala on the guy on the left. Definitely an east coaster but its hard to know for sure unless you know his exact origins.

The second guy looks like a classic Ambanja. The first guy is definitely not an Ambanja or an Ambilobe. Assuming he is a pure locale, he is an east coast locale and I would say most likely Maroantsetra based on the red and white head and belly and then greenish on the dorsal portion of the flanks. Unfortunately, without lineage information on all blood inputs from when they were imported, its impossible to tell you for sure if it is a pure locale or not so he may only be partially Maroantsetra. Definitely not a pure Ambilobe or Ambanja though and even if he's a hybrid, I would say mostly east coast/Maroantsetra.

Chris

blue on caske and forms of barr on the body ... it looks like a tamatave... whend fired up, more like a sambava...

Back
Top Bottom