Almost done my breeding setup!

I've almost completed my housing setup! It has 14 (18x18x48) cages from FLchams and 4 (18x18x24) Exo-terra units to house all the feeders. A large humidifier and the heater-a/c unit will be mounted on the back wall. The light strips will rest on top of the cages with the Exo-Terra light units. It's coming together. :)

Last edited:
I am so jealous! Right now I just have my 2 chams. I would love to have a setup/cham collection like yours!

any discount for buying quantity??

Yes there was. You'll have to talk to Michael from FLchams about price deals. I'm really happy with the quality of these cages. I put all 14 together today in about 4 hours. Once I built the first 2, I didnt need the instructions any longer. They are fabulous cages.

keep a good eye on temps in that room. they can rise and fall fast in that kind of space. It looks great though.

what are you doing for humidity?

To use the hinged door at the bottom of the cages, I'd strongly suggesy moving the cages onto a riser so that you can simple sweep debris into a bucket beneatht the cage, or just access the floors easier.

Looks like you have about a foot or more above the cages before the roof tilts in.

To use the hinged door at the bottom of the cages, I'd strongly suggesy moving the cages onto a riser so that you can simple sweep debris into a bucket beneatht the cage, or just access the floors easier.

Looks like you have about a foot or more above the cages before the roof tilts in.

I'm currently looking for milk crates to put them on actually. Know anywhere I can get some? :)

Actually, you cannot buy milk crates, it is prohibited to buy/sell then in Ontario- and most of the other provinces if I remember correctly.

I'd propose building a stand using some 2x2"s.

That's too bad because they would have worked perfect.

I'll probably end up using my extra insulation panels to raise up the cages. I had them in there originally but took them out when i was building the cages today.

Thanks for the tip Will. It's always nice to get helpful ones :)

Milk crates are owned by the companies, and need to be returned to them after use at the grocery stores. It is in violation of their contract to do ANYthing with them except return them to the correct companies. It is surprisingly expensive to faricate and repair milkcrates, also much material is used as they are so dense to be strong, so as I understand it the most of the provincial governments have declared prohibition of sale or any alternate use, asside from crating dairy products by registered companies.

It's been a while since I worked in grocery, but thats how I remember it.

The reason I suggest building a shelf beneath them is to brovide some extra storage for tubs beneath them, or to allow you to install drainage systems.

Milk crates are owned by the companies, and need to be returned to them after use at the grocery stores. It is in violation of their contract to do ANYthing with them except return them to the correct companies. It is surprisingly expensive to faricate and repair milkcrates, also much material is used as they are so dense to be strong, so as I understand it the most of the provincial governments have declared prohibition of sale or any alternate use, asside from crating dairy products by registered companies.

It's been a while since I worked in grocery, but thats how I remember it.

The reason I suggest building a shelf beneath them is to brovide some extra storage for tubs beneath them, or to allow you to install drainage systems.

I think I'm going to check out Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire tomorrow for a metal shelving unit for both walls. I'll see what I can find.

Back
Top Bottom