A Very easy Cage to Build

turk81

Go to this website.
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/reptiles/detail.aspx?aid=26501&cid=3702&search=
This is a very easy cage to build and is spacious. The only thing I did different on mine was that I wrapped the 1/4 inch metal with aluminum window screen so crickets don't escape. The cage cost about $30 or so to build one 3 ft high with a 15-17 inch diameter. I also didn't use the "platter top. I made a screen top for mine so that my lights can sit on top.

Thanks for that, it looks like a good simple cage to use when giving them some sun outside to not have to watch them constantly. I especially like the idea because I was actually pissed about having to buy a whole roll of that big mesh screen just to put a piece on the top of his regular cage. (for better UV penetration)

but now I know what to do with the rest of the roll

no problem, The only drawback of it is that I'll have to throw food in through the top. I still haven't figured that one out yet. I get my first chameleon this week. Veiled about 6-8 months old.

Check this out. I think Poh knows!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/sli...aiting on some extra time to get it together.

Last edited:
I was thinking of building myself some of these a few months back after seeing the supplies at Home Depot. I think they'd be way better then a flexarium for outdoor use.

i gotta make a plan first because i would need 2 cages and i wanna buy another chameleon so im looking at close to $300 for the cham and another aluminum cage.
i have decided against the aluminum cage because its open on the sides and im gonna need a more enclosed cage for the heat.

these round cages all open so i would have drafts that veileds can survive but a panther could get ill .

i have the idea of framing plexiglass in a aluminum frame like a window.and put them together similar to the 2x2x4 all screen cages but these will only have screen on the top and front.
if i use one of these supertubs i can make 2 cages 17x22x40 and they will both fit in the plastic tray.then i connect a drain fitting to the tray and i got drainage.i am setting all the cages up like a hydro setup just it dont re-circulate.
the only problem is making the frames etc. its gonna take forever.i only have untill like november it starts gettin cold.
basiccaly im talking about winter cages then when its spring i can put them in 2x2x4 full screen cages.

Back
Top Bottom