A Frolic in the Fall Foliage (pic heavy)

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
It's fall here and the leaves are changing, which is so pretty! Figured it was time for a photoshoot now that the leaves match my chams. Enjoy! ;)

Oscar's normal colors...before he saw his girlfriend.
IMG_3615-1.jpg

The dark face bars come out when he sees Loretta.
IMG_14701-1.jpg

Loretta playing in the leaves too. She is a little intimidated by being outdoors still.
IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_1529-1.jpg

IMG_1492-1.jpg

Such a poser...
IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1523-1.jpg

Oscar exploring!
IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

He thinks Loretta is just lovely! But still a little too young for him. :)
IMG_3662.jpg

I had to separate them before it got too serious. They were just sitting next to each other when I took the picture, but he was ready to go. She wasn't opposed, but she's not up to the weight I want her to be before breeding yet. He gets all fired up and bobs his head like crazy any time he catches a glimpse of her! She's just so small compared to him...

I had to separate them before it got too serious. They were just sitting next to each other when I took the picture, but he was ready to go. She wasn't opposed, but she's not up to the weight I want her to be before breeding yet. He gets all fired up and bobs his head like crazy any time he catches a glimpse of her! She's just so small compared to him...

awh thats cute. They'll make pritty babies when shes ready.

Oscar is looking so handsome and Loretta is lovely. I knew you were thinking about getting a girl. They make a really cute couple. :)

Wow, these pics taken with the leave change are beautiful!! That was a great idea?
In one of the pics Oscar is licking the branch. I've seen our panther do that also but never our veiled. Any idea why they taste a branch?
Thanks,, Lisa

Thanks everyone! :)

In the case of other terrestrial lizard species and snakes they lick to take scents from the ground and air and transmit them to the vomeronasal organ on the roof of the mouth directly. So essentially they are smelling their environment. It's brought up in a previous thread that panthers are often seen doing this behavior, but not veileds. There were a few other species (I want to say carpets and oustalets, but don't quote me on that) lick as they explore also. Both of my panthers do it, but I've never seen my veiled or Jackson do it.

Thanks everyone! :)

In the case of other terrestrial lizard species and snakes they lick to take scents from the ground and air and transmit them to the vomeronasal organ on the roof of the mouth directly. So essentially they are smelling their environment. It's brought up in a previous thread that panthers are often seen doing this behavior, but not veileds. There were a few other species (I want to say carpets and oustalets, but don't quote me on that) lick as they explore also. Both of my panthers do it, but I've never seen my veiled or Jackson do it.

that's interesting!!!! thanks a lot for the info! lisa

Those are incredible pictures! The fall leaves as a backdrop for the Chameleons is a wonderful idea! Just curious what type of camera are you using? Ruth

Nice Pics :)
Oscar is so handsome! And Loretta is lovely :)

I didn't know that chams licked stuff too!! My bf's beardie does it all the time lol.

When males get shown to a receptive female and you take them away do they get frustrated? Random, I know, but I was curious :)

They will make beautiful babies!!

Very nice shots! You have some fine camera skills along with some beautiful subjects. ;) I like the tongue pic especially.

Oh I can't wait to see their offspring someday!! They're both gorgeous, it's just so funny the size differance, he looks like a giant compared to her.

beautiful photography, I love the the autumn back round against the chameleons, The chams look great :)

Jac, Carol, Jann, Synapse, BriAlme, Jann, Okiroo, Nola, etc - thanks for all your kind words! :D

Just curious what type of camera are you using?
Some were with my iphone and some were with my little Canon point-and-shoot.

When males get shown to a receptive female and you take them away do they get frustrated? Random, I know, but I was curious :)
I think he was a little frustrated! He was doing anything to get back to her. I even put them in separate bushes (like 5 feet apart) to get some sun after photo time and when he saw her he climbed down his bush and hauled buns to hers. He didn't settle out of his fired up colors for the rest of the day.

beautiful photography, I love the the autumn back round against the chameleons, The chams look great :)
Your little girl is just a doll! Thanks so much for her! Oscar thanks you too. ;)

The chams are beautiful! Just my 10c worth - you can definately add Oustalets and Natal Midlands Dwarfs to the 'licking' list! :D

Fantastic pics in the changing foliage! I hadn't seen leaves changing in over 10 years until my recent trip to the Poconos and had forgotten how beautiful they are. Here we just watch the palm trees drop their fronds :(

Back
Top Bottom