A few Q's

JuAPple

Alright so my cham is shedding his skin. i have not seen him eat, just drink water. i started to feed him super worms but he only ate 1! (that i know of) the others i put in there he simply ignores and as for the crickets they are roaming in the cage freely and i really have not seen him eat one is this because of his shedding? and how about the super worms is he not going to like super worms? he eats silk worms why not super worms?

i also started to cup feed him and he used to eat from the cup now he will not this is why i let the crickets loose and i still keep some in the cup just incase but when i check to see if there are still crickets/bugs in the cup there are all the ones i put in there are still there!

To simplify your wording, how much have you fed him over the week?

Example:
Monday - Two 1 inch crickets
Tuesday - 2 Roaches
Wed - Nothing
Thursday - Food
etc

I can't tell by your odd sentence structure and the lack of information given, but he might be eating just fine. Overfeeding is a common problem.

So you cup feed and free range but he doesn't eat from the cup? But free range feeds still? You didn't clarify.
Have not seen him eat since when?
Is the superworm too big for your chameleon?
Is it a panther like the icon, or a juvenile, or a veiled, or what?

Sorry about that...:p

ok so the last time i saw him eat was sun. he ate 2 crickets. on saturday was the last day he ate like he usually does, which was about 6 crickets. he usually eats 4-6 crickets daily or so i think he does unless the crickets escape! about 2 crickets end up drowning though, they fall through the drainage holes and land inside the "reservoir". i only feed him super worms and silk worms and crickets.... i ran out of silk worms on fri so he hasn't eaten any of those, super worms he ignores (they hang from the top of the cage and he just lets them pas by him) and crickets he eats them when he sees them but today i have not seen him eat one... perhaps he did but i usually see him when he does. he started shedding on sat just from his feet, yesterday he started from his sides and today he looks like he is shedding all over except for the face or eyes.

Sorry about that...:p

ok so the last time i saw him eat was sun. he ate 2 crickets. on saturday was the last day he ate like he usually does, which was about 6 crickets. he usually eats 4-6 crickets daily or so i think he does unless the crickets escape! about 2 crickets end up drowning though, they fall through the drainage holes and land inside the "reservoir". i only feed him super worms and silk worms and crickets.... i ran out of silk worms on fri so he hasn't eaten any of those, super worms he ignores (they hang from the top of the cage and he just lets them pas by him) and crickets he eats them when he sees them but today i have not seen him eat one... perhaps he did but i usually see him when he does. he started shedding on sat just from his feet, yesterday he started from his sides and today he looks like he is shedding all over except for the face or eyes.

It is normal for chameleons to not have much of an appetite during their shed. Give him a couple days and then he should start eating again.

Back
Top Bottom