2x4 screen enclosure

melric

Avid Member
So I have Tiger my adult Veiled in a screen enclosure now and all he does is hang out at the top basking all day. Does everyone really recommend these huge enclosures? It's hard to keep the vines in place too.

how long have you had him? If its his new home he might be a little apprehensive at first but I'm sure he will start to wander around. Yes you need to have an enclosure that size especially for an adult male veiled. Some days my panther doesn't move around that much but others hes moving around like a mad man. Also with the vines, try using zip ties or fishing line to secure them better.

When I bought Leroy a big cage he did the same thing. Just stayed up in the top corner and never moved. But now he goes all over that cage. Climbs the walls and everything. It just takes some time for them to get use to their new home.

I just used sewing string wrapped a BUNCH of time around the vine to keep them in place. Of course i'll have to replace once in a while but it has worked for me so far and I use brown string so it blends right in.

It was his first day, but it looks like he is going lower now. He's sleeping on the umbrella plant I got him yesterday. Was just wondering. It's still a pretty huge cage.

It's still a pretty huge cage.

u say that now. there many ways to get vines in place. all said before or u could cut branches to the size of the cage, wrap the vine around the branch and use pushpins from the outside into the ends of the branch.

Our guys are much happier in their large cages and they grew quite a lot as well! We use twist ties through the screen to hold ours up. We also have green mesh inside (that you would use for plants outside) so they don't hurt themselves by holding onto the cage. We hang vines off of those, too.

Thanks for the advice guys. Just an update, I put a stool inside the cage to get the plants higher, and I bought larger plants. I have some beach wood in there holding some stuff together and I had to up the wattage on his basking lamp. He's wandering all over now. The humidity in my room is around 50%, I know gross lol, so when I mist his cage it gets higher inside there. I usually air out my room around 6 because I can't handle the humidty when I sleep. It's still imo a huge cage, hahaha.

Eh, once he gets to be full grown you'll think its small. If I had the room I'd put all my adult males in 3x6's and the females in 2x4's but I cant til I get more cham space.

He's pretty big already. I'm going to need a cham room pretty soon. My mom doesn't know it yet, but my unused music room is soon to be my cham room, hahahahaha!:p:D

Back
Top Bottom