260 gallon

no but If i had the room you know I'd have one! I like big repatariums... even for teh smallest of animals... including HUGE fish tanks for little betas :)

Ive had huge issues with the zippers tearing the teeth up and already lost a zipper. The other one I have to fight just to make it work. I wont be buying a reptarium anytime soon again :)

awesome
we just got ours at the beginning of this month
we fit 2 huge 4 foot schefflera plants in it and one pothos plant
and we're probably going to put in a jade plant once we hang the pothos
we also have one of those gallon milk jugs for feeding crickets
and a few jungle vines
i'm curious to what you all have in yours

well i only have the 65gal now...

but i have a flexi climbing vine, 7 fake plants/vines, a croton, a bonsai dracaena, a bonsai bottle palm, a pothos, 2 dendrobium orchids, my auto feeder (similiar to the milk jug) and a seperate cup feeder for mealworms or treats

it's a jungle in there... :p

definently sounds like a jungle :)
we're probably going to be getting frank an orchid or two for christmas
hopefully we'll be able to squeeze them in somewhere
he hasn't even been to the bottom half of his cage yet
which is fine
i know they like to be up high anyways
i'm assuming once he gets bigger he might venture around down there
he absolutely loves the schefflera

Ive had huge issues with the zippers tearing the teeth up and already lost a zipper. The other one I have to fight just to make it work. I wont be buying a reptarium anytime soon again :)

Yeah I have heard a lot of complaints about this. I had the same problem right out of the gate. Assembled it, and tried to zip it and it snagged. I learned quickly that you have to "train" that inner piece of material to fold inwards as you zip. After about 5 days of training and zipping/unzipping it won't be a problem anymore. I have 2 large reptariums and open them 3-4 times daily for the last 9 months. No snags.

i broke a zipper today just put a paper clip through it now works fine i trimd all the inner lining on it tonight so no probs now i have a pothos a fortune tree and and umbrella in there do have a ficus bt am trying to save it at mo is out of cage have bout 4 for 5 fake vines and some fake plants plety of places for himt o hide he seems to like it just watch for ur zippers lol

hmmm
we haven't had a problem yet with either reptarium we've had
except for my boyfriend was putting on the soft tray liner by himself and one of the sides ripped
but we ended up sewing it back together and then putting hot glue on top of that
and it went on fine after that

here is some pics of my set up dnt look like much in pic bt there is plenty in there for him to hide

Attachments

• SP_A0108.jpg
    SP_A0108.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 169
  • SP_A0109.jpg
    SP_A0109.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 138
So what do you guys use for mounting stuff, drainage, and all that?

Velcro strips and hot glue make for good mounting. I mounted the promist nozzels, light fixtures, hygrometer sensors/display. Also used it to attach the shower curtain around 3 sides. Makes it easy to remove/clean the curtain. If you want to hang plants just screw some hooks in the ceiling and run fishing wire through the mesh. For the dripper I cut a small hole in the mesh, used two washers to seal it, then ran the tube through the washer. Also hung it on the hooks. For drainage I bought a hydroponic flood table as it fits perfectly with the reptarium. That just drains into a large storage box.

Last edited:
Velcro strips and hot glue make for good mounting. I mounted my promist nozzels with it and my hygrometer sensors/display. Also used it to attach the shower curtain around 3 sides. Makes it easy to clean the curtain from water spots.

I thought about doing this also. Noit sure why they just dont make them with velcro :p would be much better I think

I have a 175 gal. flexarium. I've had some issues with the zipper snagging as well. It seems like it just catches on the loose threads on the inside. I like that trimming idea mentioned earlier. Also the washer with the tube through it is a great idea. I'll definitely be trying that when I get a misting system!

My cham loves all the room in his flexarium. I have a ficus tree and a hibiscus bush in mine/his !! :) I slightly ripped the plastic liner for the flexarium as well .. they're very thin but work well. I find however that it traps too much moisture in the bottom. I'm going to have to try some sort of drainage system when I adjust my cage setups!!

Dyesub Dave. :D

So what do you guys use for mounting stuff, drainage, and all that?

Velcro strips and hot glue make for good mounting. I mounted the promist nozzels, light fixtures, hygrometer sensors/display. Also used it to attach the shower curtain around 3 sides. Makes it easy to remove/clean the curtain. If you want to hang plants just screw some hooks in the ceiling and run fishing wire through the mesh. For the dripper I cut a small hole in the mesh, used two washers to seal it, then ran the tube through the washer. Also hung it on the hooks. For drainage I bought a hydroponic flood table as it fits perfectly with the reptarium. That just drains into a large storage box.
the lights are attached to the walls and 2 of the uvb lights sit on top of the cage
we are having a hard time coming up with a drainage system
we have the liner at the bottom
the reptarium is one foot away from the ceiling
so there isn't very much room to work with here
for the time being
our 2 huge umbrella plants catch most of the water
when we hand mist frank
and the pothos drains into one of the umbrella plants
so everynight we take out the water in the saucers under the plants with a turkey baster
the bottom of the cage usually dries out
so we dry it with paper towels at least once a week
our hygrometer/thermometer is attached with velcro
i like the washer idea for the dripper
we just have it go through a hole at the top
where did you get the hydroponic flood table?
and about how tall is it?
i took pictures of our setup but i can't find the cord to hook the camera it to the usb drive
so i'll probably post them later today or tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom