25th (Saturday!) New Location this Month for the South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meet

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

This month’s invite is going out a few days early since we’re having the meeting a few days early.

(Haven’t been to one of our free meetings yet? What are you waiting for!)

June 25th! Saturday! New Location!

This month’s meeting will take place in Brea, CA at Kevin Zamp’s apartment complex’s club house where we’ll not only be able to have our usual get-together but also have a potluck BBQ! We’ll supply the hamburgers and hot dogs and you’ll bring the drinks, side dishes and desserts :- ). There will be a fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and grills for our use.

Also, because this meeting is at Kevin's, we'll be treated to guided tours through his Melleri free ranges and AquaZamp headquarters :p AquaZamp product will be available for sale--everything from misting nozzles and RainDomes to full kits. For more information about AquaZamp products, please see AquaZamp.com or contact Kevin at [email protected].

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] with how many people will be coming with you and also what potluck item(s) you’re bringing. We will reply with the address and directions to the meeting location. On the way and got lost? Call Kevin at 714-465-8158 and he will get you back on track!

4pm-6pm…..…….......Meet & Greet Potluck BBQ
~6pm………….....….…...Kevin Zamp’s Chameleon Tour // Show & Tell
~7pm………................Feeder co-op sale and distribution
~8pm++...........….…….Meeting Wrap-up

******* Another reminder: If you plan on taking part in Kevin’s (Summoner12) insect feeder ordering and sometimes his LLLReptile supply ordering and are not already receiving this msg via Gmail, please send a quickie “Join” email to the [email protected] site so that you will receive his Excel spreadsheet order sheet as well as instructions, when it becomes available later in the week. *******

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are normally held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that it is past their bedtime and that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being :).

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 10-25+ members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

Gahhh!!!! I havent made an appearance in forever!!!! Are they going to be on Saturdays from now on? The drive from Bakersfield sucks lol.

Brea is even further from Bakersfield. Although it's chopped off like 50-60 miles from my drive! Love it. I'll be there. This time with a Cham for sure; Susie, who is a boy and needs a new name now. Hahaha. :)

Awsome, i plan to be there...now what to bring, what to bring:cool::rolleyes::D

what an awsome way for me to start my summer vacation :p

Howdy All,

For those of you who have already RSVP'd to the meeting invite -- Thanks! The replies to those RSVPs will go out early next week :). For those who haven't yet RSVP'd but plan to do so, let us know as soon as you can so we can make plans around how many people and what food will be be coming etc. :).

We will most likely go! Just have to make sure Hubby isnt working on Saturday!!

Steve: Are you planning on going and still be distributing bugs?

STEVE: I NEED SOME FRUTI FLIES, lol two cups would be nice:D thx

im gonna give away my dubias, my cham isnt into them :p i have about 50+ of all sizes...let me know

Brea is plenty close enough to Costa Mesa....if I can get the lady to come I'll be there !

Been looking forward to one of these for awhile now

Brea is plenty close enough to Costa Mesa....if I can get the lady to come I'll be there !

Been looking forward to one of these for awhile now

We're in Costa Mesa too!
I've also wanted to go to one of these meetings for a long time and finally get one close and we still can't go due to a wedding!! I'm so bummed!

Howdy All,

I just sent out the RSVP replies to those who have RSVP'd so far. The total head count is around 17 so far. Keep'm coming! If you didn't get your reply but already sent the RSVP to the Gmail address, contact me again via the [email protected] site again.

Ahh Work Saturdayyy... But i live about two hours away so i am looking forward to a Tuesday meeting!!!! :) :)

STEVE: I NEED SOME FRUTI FLIES, lol two cups would be nice:D thx

I just found out I can sneak away and attend this one. I just ordered Hydei's so have the fruit fly scene covered, and will also have the smaller Melano's.

I'm thinking about picking up cricket on way into work Friday, so let me know if you need some, by tonight. I'm way low on cricket crack, so let me know if your planning on picking some up Saturday, and I'll make it before the meeting.

Will try to bring 8 to 10 different mantis species. Including the invisible one's

I've had my hands full with hatching babies, :( lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom