2 weeks old and fighting like heavyweights!

Aminah Undone

Is it normal for them to be so aggressive with each other? I have 13 Nosy Be babies in a 40g'ish size rubbermaid, with plenty of climbing stuff at all levels ...and they still scrap and tussle all day long!

Should I go ahead and separate some of them?

I thought they'd, at least, be tolerant of each other for another 4 to 6 weeks.. haha! :eek:

Yes seperate the aggressive ones from what i hear know from experience they are one of the most aggressive of the panthers and also horniess

I was just reading a thread declaring them as "most aggressive of the Panthers" ..and watching my babies, I'm leaning that way. LOL! They have plenty of space to stay clear of each other, but if one passes by another.. the one there first goes into territorial fury.. biting and pushing and gaping. It's hysterical!!

LOL funny that they have such big personalities when they are so small. I had the same problems and after seeing a few bruised toes and legs I just seperated them into bins of 5-6 according to size and it seemed to do the trick.

Thats adorable. I wish I could see. :p

At two weeks would a bite really cause an issue? :confused:

I wouldn't think so but it is always best to be safe.

Nip tails and missing toes are a possibility. If you separate them, like Jessica said, into smaller groups of 5-7 each, they tend to have less problems with each other. I agree that the babies already showing the others who's boss is adorable. It's not so nice when the bigger ones pick on the smaller guys though. I find many of my females are much more bossy than the males.

I set the little tyrants up with a big ficus and a bigger hibiscus, within a pvc frame "cage". They seem to be behaving a tiny bit better, with more space. The girls are definitely more aggressive than the boys.. but the boys have their moments! :)

Back
Top Bottom