1st chameleon

Anitec21

Hello everyone I have a question im planning to get a baby Jacksons Chameleon I have a dripper water and mist fog machine and lighting will it be ok if I housed it in a exo terra 18x18x24 till it grows and get a bigger area for it?

That size cage will be ok iv even heard some say for an adult since Jackson don't get quite as big. Be careful with the fog machine you probably wont even need it in a glass terrarium tbh. (unless u mean a mister like the monsoon, mistking, habbamist, ect) And make sure you have the right lighting, both UVB and a basking light.

One thing I would like to add; make sure you have plenty of plants, vines, etc.
Since I added more vines and foliage my Jackson's seems happier and is a lighter green more of the time.

That size cage will be ok iv even heard some say for an adult since Jackson don't get quite as big. Be careful with the fog machine you probably wont even need it in a glass terrarium tbh. (unless u mean a mister like the monsoon, mistking, habbamist, ect) And make sure you have the right lighting, both UVB and a basking light.
Thank you do you also know if a veiled will do ok in in this terrarrum too.

Thank you do you also know if a veiled will do ok in in this terrarrum too.

No, you want to put veileds and panthers in all screen cages, but at least they are cheap!! For a small or juvie veiled, u can use a 16 x 16 x 30''

When they get older, you would need something a little larger, but u dont want to put a small guy in too big a cage or they will have a hard time finding food.

but u dont want to put a small guy in too big a cage or they will have a hard time finding food.

Very true, I put my new guy (small, very young Veil) in a 2ft x 2ft x 4ft and he was lost in it, hard time seeing and finding crickets. I moved him to a 16" x 16" x 30" and he loves it, eating like a little piggy now.

Back
Top Bottom