where do you buy cham friendly plants?

Rottsko

Avid Member
hi,
i was wondering where you can buy cham friendly plants besides ordering them online. does home depot, lowes, etc. carry pesticide free plants? i just don't want to order plants and pay a ton for shipping. thanks!

you can buy your plants localy and get some eco dirt you know the ones that you get at the pet store that come in a brick and you just add water to it and it exspands then take you plant and remove it from the pot. and do a carful wash of the root ball. then repot it with eco dirt. also wash the head of the plant and let it sit out for a day or two to dry

Not at a big box

hi,
i was wondering where you can buy cham friendly plants besides ordering them online. ...

Check with a good local nursery, plant store, or even a large florist.

hi,
does home depot, lowes, etc. carry pesticide free plants? i just don't want to order plants and pay a ton for shipping. thanks!

No one will have pesticide-free plants. All commercially-grown plants are grown with an array of insecticides, and other chemicals that may be dangerous. You must wash them, sometimes repeatedly, to remove the residues of pesticides and fungicides.

I wash the leaves with an insecticidal soap (Safer's), then wipe with a soft cloth. When they're dry I check to see if there is any visible residue, and repeat the washing if needed.

The soil may have residual pesticides too, and it may have unsuitable materials like pumice, bark, or perlite, which may need to be addressed. I don't have soil-eating chameleons, so I don't do much. If you do have dirt-munchers, you might want to cover the whole surface of the pot with large stones. I personally think a radical repotting into organic soil is kind of over-kill. YMMV.

My preference is to leave the plants outside for a week or two and spray them down daily to remove any residue from the leaves. I repot them since they are usually very root bound.

Carl

I do order mine from LLL reptile just so I don't have to do all the repotting stuff, oh that and the fact that I can't get much in plants here.:( But I know what you mean, I have 8 ficus coming from LLL this week and shipping is $45. Wanted to do some cage work before I leave for the show if they get here in time.

I just ordered mine from LLL. I was ordering my cage and stuff so I already had an overweight charge.

Just a little bit of some good info if you buy your ficus or any plants from lowes you get a one year warranty!!! I have taken back 2 of my old ficus trees back and got new ones. make sure if you repot your plants to save your old pots, so when you take your plant back you will have to have it like it was bought

Just a little bit of some good info if you buy your ficus or any plants from lowes you get a one year warranty!!! I have taken back 2 of my old ficus trees back and got new ones. make sure if you repot your plants to save your old pots, so when you take your plant back you will have to have it like it was bought

This is why I re-pot in the same pots I bought them in. KInd of ugly... but nothing like getting a free replacement when it dies.

I once had about 10 plants on my patio that had come from cages... and were now dead. I save ALL receipts. One day I was hard on cash.... returned those dead plants and they actually gave me my cash back at Lowes. When your broke looking for cash... A patio full of dead plants would be the last thing you would think of for some quick cash. LOL.

Last edited:
this is why i re-pot in the same pots i bought them in. Kind of ugly... But nothing like getting a free replacement when it dies.

I once had about 10 plants on my patio that had come from cages... And were now dead. I save all receipts. One day i was hard on cash.... Returned those dead plants and they actually gave me my cash back at lowes. When your broke looking for cash... A patio full of dead plants would be the thing you would think of for some quick cash. Lol.

hahhahahahaha thats hilarious!

i didn't know that about lowes had a 1 year warranty on all plants. i'll definitely buy my next plant from lowes. thanks!!!

Im able to almost buy anything from a nursery just outside of the city, prices are alright, plants are super healthy. All ground in a green house, best part is can get a box full of strawberries too while im there, so have snack for shopping and ride home lol

Back
Top Bottom