what age does the veiled start egg laying?

stacey2105

I have a female veiled cham aged 6 months... she is my first cham and I'm struggling to find any info on what age she will start laying....I'm worried as I don't want her to become egg bound! Please help!

Thanks

Go to this website:

http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

You can successfully raise a female veiled without her laying an unfertile clutch. I have a 16 month old female that has just laid her first clutch after I bred her with my male. I have had her since she was 5 months old and she never laid any unfertilized clutches. Do your research, as it can be done. Good luck!

From my experience it all depends on the individual female, her bloodlines and genes. Ive had one as early as 8 months and one as late as 2 years. The idea is to always be ready for it. Watch her colors and weight closely. You will notice the change.

Since your female is 6 months old, I recommend that you have an opaque container minimum of 10" deep by 12" long by 10" wide almost full of washed playsand in her cage at all times so she can dig to show you that she needs to lay eggs.

She could produce eggs any time now...or never produce eggs...depending on the way you feed/keep her.

Does she have any mustard/yellow splotches on her yet?

Back
Top Bottom