Want to buy a scale... Looking for recommendations.

NERVOUS

Avid Member
I want to start tracking my Chameleon's weight. Looking to buy a scale. Any recommendations from those of you experienced with weighing Chameleons?

The brands Taylor. You can weigh in grams or ounces. It also has the option to add the weight of a branch or anything. All you do is have the branch on the scale and turn your scale on. It automatically weighs in at 0 and then have your Cham crawl onto the branch, bowl, or whatever you'd like to use to weigh. It can weigh any where from 1 g to 6 ibs. Only costed me 30$ and I got it from Ace Hardware. Works like a champ!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 194
Where do you want it made?
I'm looking for a kitchen scale also..
Requirements
Digital(though I could also be changed of mind with quality beam or counter weight scale)
.01g or .001g accuracy
Tare feature
And must importantly NOT made in China

I use a tanita model 1144 digital scale! Weighs up to 70 ounces! Weighs in grams to!

Requirements
Digital(though I could also be changed of mind with quality beam or counter weight scale)
.01g or .001g accuracy
Tare feature
Wile I admire you patriotism finding stuff not made in China these days isn't that easy, and if you do expect to pay two - five times as much, I don't like it anymore than you, but unfortunately it's the world we live in.

Wile I admire you patriotism finding stuff not made in China these days isn't that easy, and if you do expect to pay two - five times as much, I don't like it anymore than you, but unfortunately it's the world we live in.
I'll pay. The major problem is searching on the internet is far inferior for products than it was in the past.
Before you were presented a narrow search.... Simply too many articles out there now

I'll accept
USA
Germany
Swiss
Austria
British
French
Hell most of europe
Japan
Maybe s. Korea

Requirements
.01g or .001g accuracy
Tare feature
The one I use is similar to what you described. Has a tare feature. Though I'm unsure of where it's manufactured.

There's a very simple, inexpensive, low tech (never needs batteries, conversions, or calibration) scale I have always used to weigh chams, birds, and other small creatures. Pesola hang scales have been around for many decades. They work just fine and come in various gram increments and ranges. The scale is a springloaded graduated cylinder with an alligator clip on the bottom. Basically, you can either put your cham in a baggie or have it grab onto a small perch, clip the bag or perch to the scale, weigh both, then subtract the weight of the perch/bag to find your cham's weight. You can find them here:

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=71371

Back
Top Bottom