Veiled Hydration?

So, we've had Loretta for a couple of weeks now. Her water situation always worries me and I constantly check her poop. I mist her cage at least three times a day and a run a dripper continuously except during night ours while she's sleeping (the dripper is 76 ounces and I fill it up twice a day). I see her drinking water from the drips as well. She seems perfectly healthy and I can already tell she's growing. The issue is her urate is always a mixture. I'm attaching a picture. I honestly don't know what I can do differently, I'm just hoping to know this is okay.

Attachments

• IMG_8229.JPG
    IMG_8229.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 120
It could be nothing your doing, she could just be coming back from her old situation. Did you get her from a pet store? Her urates look rather shriveled. Though fairly white, but I think there is definitely room for improvement ^^ how long are your misting sessions?

Personally I wouldn't worry about if too much unless they start turning a more rusty brown, and covers half of the urate. I think the urate looks ok as long as it don't get worse. Just MHO.

I'm hand misting. I mist her cage for about a minute until everything is dripping and I make sure she's misted too. I did get her from a pet store and when I brought her first two urates were dark orange. I do see her drink though and let her dripper constantly drip. She's just my first chameleon and I want her to be healthy and happy.

Tap water and well water can be bad for small animals there may be high mineral content or other chems in the water that are safe for human consumption but may be bad for your pets. RO water and distilled water (since there are no minerals or chems) are best or a good filtration system on the tap like Brita or the like. You may want to try distilled water for a week or two and see if you notice a difference in poops/urates.

Last edited:
Tap water and well water can be bad for small animals there may be high mineral content or other chems in the water that are safe for human consumption but may be bad for your pets. RO water and distilled water (since there are no minerals or chems) are best or a good filtration system on the tap like Brita or the like. You may want to try distilled water for a week or two and see if you notice a difference in poops/urates.
Thank you!

Your very welcome but this may not be the answer I hope it is but try it and keep us posted if the urates look better that's great if not you know you eliminated one possibility. Another thought is how often and how much do you supplement? Do you coat your feeders in heavy coating of sups or a very lite dusting?

Back
Top Bottom