uvb bulbs at home depot?

reptileman

Avid Member
A friend of mine told me that home depot sells linear bulbs that can be used instead of reptisun 5.0, does anyone know what these bulbs are called or if they even exist?

No. You would need a UVB meter to test make sure the bulbs are safe. Most bulbs are made in such a way that they dont really produce UVB or at least they aren't supposed to. That's why reptile bulbs are more expensive. They are made specially.

I have shopped Home Depot for years and never seen a UVB bulb. I would be careful if I were you. We all know what happens without proper UVB.:( jmo

Home depot sells aquarium bulbs and grow lights for plants.. these are not the same as a reptile UV bulb. You can use these bulbs in ADDITION to a reptisun but not as a replacement.

I do get my basking heat bulbs (incandescent) at home depot or lowes instead of buying the heat bulbs marketed for reptiles

Home depot sells aquarium bulbs and grow lights for plants.. these are not the same as a reptile UV bulb. You can use these bulbs in ADDITION to a reptisun but not as a replacement.

I do get my basking heat bulbs (incandescent) at home depot or lowes instead of buying the heat bulbs marketed for reptiles

Ditto on all accounts.:eek:

From Home Depot I use the Philips PAR20 50w flood lamps. great heat and light output for the wattage. And from Lowe's I use 6500K CFLs and linear tubes.

Back
Top Bottom