Tarsal spurs

Yup, breeders would know cuz they've seen more chams than me but from the prev thread 100% male and this thread I'd say 100% male.

This is my veiled's spur at 5 to 6 months. I'm thinking 6.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 309
Well I dont mind if he has little ones, I was just making sure thats what it was...:rolleyes:

I have another question tho, When do they start to get there Yellow bands? I guess that would be considered there mature colors...So when does this happen? Mine is 5 months...

Well I dont mind if he has little ones, I was just making sure thats what it was...:rolleyes:

I have another question tho, When do they start to get there Yellow bands? I guess that would be considered there mature colors...So when does this happen? Mine is 5 months...

should start seeing them within the next 3mo

It's funny... I have a rescued veiled that is the same way... When I brought him home he was probably 5 months and his colors fired up with so much contrast I automatically thought male... I haD never seen a fem with those colors and patterns.. but then I looked for the spur, it was tiny... Sometimes it is so small I even go back and forth on if it is actually there or not. But I feel it and there is definately a hard point on the back of his foot, it just barely pokes out the skin... and you have to be at the right angle to see it. Maybe I will post pics and take a vote. Just because I have convinced myself so many times that it is male, but then at times I see other spurs and I question it.

Haha, You sound just like me! I see it and then I am like, OK yeah its a male, Then sometimes I cant hardly see it at all, and I start questioning myself that I ever even saw it in the first place, lol, So I just keep looking at his picture of his spurs and say, Ok its still a boy, haha its not like they are going to dissapear, And then when a lot of breeders here said female I was like, So I Dont see a bump, but then I go look at him and see the bump and I just think to myself , there is no way it could be female, if females dont have hard bumps at all, Its small but its there!

POST A PIC! I wanna see!!!

I will have to get a Tarsal shot tonight... You cant really get a good look in this shot... But I have never seen a female fire up like this. I can feel a little bump... but honestly at first glance you would think that there is nothing there. So here is Cuervo...My Cham in Question...
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! I cant wait to see his/her back feet pics! How old is Cuervo? His hat seem to be a little small, But I know some male just have small hats :)

What do you think of my chamleon, his name is Cozi...Do you think boy??

As he was a rescue I am had to estimate on actual age but in this pic I would say he was about 4 or 5 months. Now he would be 6-7 months. I will post pics of him now and a tarsal shot once I can get one taken. But I just rememberd one thing that I think guarantees he is a male... I tested one day by holding my female outside the cage he did start bobbing his head. When I get home I will take the best pics I can of what I think is his spur so you can see... It has to be the smallest one I have encuontered yet... I wonder if it has to do with the lack of care he was recieving before I rescued him.

Cool, I cant wait to see it! I say if there is a bump AT ALL its a boy, But I am no breeder, But just like MIKA said, A bump is a bump is a bump!

Do you think from the pics I posted that mine is a boy? or a girl?

Your guy looks nice and healthy in the pics... I say 100% Male from the pics on this thread... It is small but it is definately there. I wish I got junk emails about enlarging the size of your tarsal spur...:rolleyes:

Hahaha thats funny "natural male TARSAL spur enhancment" ;)

I bet yours a male too...I have never had a female, But from what people have told me, females just dont have anything, so if you even suspect a bump being there its probably male :)

i have pics !!! im thinking my cham is a girl but i see small indentations in the back of her foot...

im assuming she is a girl with a small thing of skin sticking out...iono

she doesnt turn any other colors then green and dark green...ONE time i saw her flare up with a bit of yellow and i assumed she was gravid but then stopped showing those colors as soon as i pulled my hand out of the cage (cleaning cage)

Attachments

• tarsal.jpg
    tarsal.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 201
  • ickk.jpg
    ickk.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ikcky2.jpg
    ikcky2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 194
Back
Top Bottom