Stunning Giant Fischer's, Dresden!

Dresden is happy he can spend more consistent time outside. He loves to come out of the cage and visit. I have never seen a chameleon more docile and easy going, never has he even gaped at me. The Giant Fischer's are all very easy going personalities in my experience.

Once outside Dresden will climb as high as possible and zap all the bees and dragonflies around. You know he's eating a bee when you hear a *crunch* and some fast chewing. Ha!

img_2657a-1a_526178_original.jpg

img_2652-a_99355_original.jpg

Nice pictures Chad. Dresden is such a gorgeous boy! I can tell from Padre that you spend allot of time with your guys. I think when you do that you can really get to know their personalities. :)

Yeah, hey Rob! 100mm Macro with my wife's Canon! Have you decided when you'll get a cham yet?

Thanks Jann, somehow I've really taken to the gentler giants like parsonii and matschiei. Love seeing Padre all over the place, he's looking great. I think you need a female so you can get the breeding process started.

Yeah, hey Rob! 100mm Macro with my wife's Canon! Have you decided when you'll get a cham yet?

Thanks Jann, somehow I've really taken to the gentler giants like parsonii and matschiei. Love seeing Padre all over the place, he's looking great. I think you need a female so you can get the breeding process started.

I was hoping you would say a 100mm macro I have one of those for my Canon...sent you a pm

I wanted to add these pics just to show what Dresden looked like when he came to me.
Many WC chameleons have to go up to 3 weeks with no food and several days with no water. On top of that, they are shipped all over before they finally make it to the pet store, distributior, reptile show, etc.

Keep in mind, most times with WC chameleons, you really have to battle hydration, stress, nutrition, and parasites in that order (IMHO) to save the chameleon.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Notice how depressed his fat pads are, sunken eyes, lazy looking gaze in the eyes, bruises and lacerations all over.

It is amazing what you have done with him!! We should start calling you the Cham whisperer. I can't wait to see his offspring.

Kinyongia Matschiei
full

This guy is eyeing the tree in the back ground that he ascended 30 feet in a shot at freedom! After 25 feet of extension ladder and 5 feet of climbing I returned him to captivity. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had seen this thread before and not beeing so credulous :mad:
I was aiming to buy a fisher chameleon days before I bought my gracilis(not that I regret buying him), I was pretty much convinced but some guys at the store told me that even in the best of conditions the didn't live past 2 years in captivity.

fooled me

Kinyongia Matschiei
full

This guy is eyeing the tree in the back ground that he ascended 30 feet in a shot at freedom! After 25 feet of extension ladder and 5 feet of climbing I returned him to captivity. :D

Nice, are those "fired up" colors or normal? (I'm thinking he really LOVED that tree! ) either way he looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
So does he have any offspring yet?..I can't wait to see what his babies look like!

Which one? Todd's male or mine (Dresden)??

I can't speak for Todd, but Dresden won't be a daddy till next winter. I have several clutches that will hatch before then though!:cool:

Which one? Todd's male or mine (Dresden)??

I can't speak for Todd, but Dresden won't be a daddy till next winter. I have several clutches that will hatch before then though!:cool:

Sorry was confused :D They should be hatching any day shouldn't they?;)

Back
Top Bottom