Stressed all the time

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
IMG_20160627_201722.jpg

So I've been having this Female Vieled for 4 months now. She's 7 months old. Recently I wanted to give her some plants to much on as I saw her trying to eat the fake ones I had in there so I added a hibiscus. She loves it and she eats its all the time. I added a pothos plant as well and it got a little crowed. So I took it out. She's in a medium zoo med screen cage and from what I see other members on here speak off this is too small. Well recently after I added these plants she started displaying what I like to call her stress pattern. She looks like this all day. The only time she will not be stressed is if I'm feeding her or sleeping. Once done eating or waked up she goes right back to it. Since she hit the 7th month mark I lowers her basking temps and am feeding her every other day. All crickets are gutloaded with cricket crack with sweet potatoes for hydration. She has an appetite. I feed her usually 8 crickets 5 regular and 3 dusted with calcium without d3. Every two weeks I switch with d3 and vitamins just like what's recommended. She's hydrated and drinks and eats and she's moving around fine. Usually when I wake up she's on the lowest branch and once before sometimes she used to pace her cage making me think she was pregnant but then she stopped. I bought a laying bin for her and its ready but I havnt tried to pit her in it yet to see if she would dig. She looks kinda big but I took her out her cage and kinda gently squeezed her sides and I didn't feel any jelly bean type feeling. So idk whats going on with her. Any help would be appreciated. I'm well informed on suplimentation but it seems maybe a much bigger living area is needed?

I think the problem is u are feeding her every other day,since a 7month old veiled is ready to be gravid n when the female are gravid,they tends to eat lots feeders ,another words,her body is not getting the food she needs to be Gravid,and this is just my opinion with ur stress female,also an outdoor sun ray usually will do her well ,hope this help u a bit.

Okay well I just started feeding her every other day, middle of last week was when I started. But when she started to act like that was when I added the plants. I took one out and she lost her stress pattern then the next day right back to it. Should I feed her more than 8 crickets and daily. I read blogs saying for females to lower the temps and feed less to slow there metabolism down to make them not become gravid and help them live longer.

Okay well I just started feeding her every other day, middle of last week was when I started. But when she started to act like that was when I added the plants. I took one out and she lost her stress pattern then the next day right back to it. Should I feed her more than 8 crickets and daily. I read blogs saying for females to lower the temps and feed less to slow there metabolism down to make them not become gravid and help them live longer.
If u lower the temp,she can only have a smaller clutch eggs,but it wont stop her being gravid to have infertile eggs,and since this will be her first clutch I will suggest feed her normally,regarding the new plant u add in,maybe she is not used to the plant being there,any sudden change in her cage,Im pretty sure she will notice ,just like when u first put her in the new cage long ago,it will take time for her to adjust the new environment.

My female Jackson started to do this shortly after I got her. Turned out to be a stuffed animal across the room was stressing her out. Moved it and she was fine. So take a look around and see if there is something around the room that might be stressing her out.

Back
Top Bottom