Software & Design Changes

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
We have been working hard behind the scenes on a major software upgrade for Chameleon Forums and I'm excited to finally share it with everyone. The changes will allow us to keep up with the times and ensure that the community is around for many years to come. This is long overdue and represents the largest upgrade to Chameleon Forums in over 10 years. Throughout the next several weeks and months we will introduce many new features to the community so keep an eye on the announcement section.

Why the change? To be honest we really had no choice. The old software is no longer supported and it simply has no future. If Chameleon Forums wants to survive as a community then a big change was needed. The new software has a lot of great modern features and was designed to integrate with social media and other web services. It also uses a responsive design that can be viewed comfortably using phones and tablets without the need of third party applications. When we first started using the old software the iPhone had yet to be invented and most people had never even heard of Facebook.

Along with the new software we also have a brand new, fresh design that we hope everyone enjoys. We realize it is a big change but rest assured the site is still run by the same people and we will continue to keep Chameleon Forums the friendly place that it has always been. We are committed to working with the community as long as it takes to improve the site wherever needed. In some areas this change may actually be a temporary step backwards, but it was necessary so that long term we can move in a positive direction and eventually take many more steps forward. I humbly request that you give the changes a chance and offer constructive feedback on the elements you believe need improvement.

The design and upgrade in general took a tremendous amount of time to complete. A great deal of planning and organization was needed to preserve the old data and develop an attractive new design. I want to sincerely thank Trace for putting in countless hours helping me with all the work; I'm not sure this would have been possible without her contributions.

Please go explore and let us know what you think :coffee:

Feedback Forum
Site Assistance Forum

Love the new look. It will take a bit relearning to navigate here and there but totally worth it. Also, I have 349 messages, what's that about? :ROFLMAO:

Finally, someone understands that "coffee" is an emotional state. :coffee:

What a phenomenal amount of work this must have been. Congrats to Brad, Trace, and the moderator staff.

You're not the only one Lindsay. I don't know how many times I've messaged Trace asking when the site will be up lol, thanks for the patience Trace

Oooh! We were looking at zenforo for the forum I used to admin at. Your staff must be loving it behind the scenes! The interface is awesome and it has some really fun extras. :) It is great from a users' perspective. The place looks amazing and it's running smoother on my tablet.

You guys did a wonderful job getting it back up so quick, it must have been a pain when you ran into issues. Thank you for your hard work!

The site upgrade finally got done!! A big congrats to Brad and Trace and anyone else who contributed for making this happen. For anybody who has not talked to Brad or Trace this upgrade has been going on for YEARS now... When you are done installing the new software take the evening off and have a good evening. If I can help let me know.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Congratulations and many thanks for the great upgrades!! Such a smooth and attractive interface. Incredibly well done! As someone who relies on this site as *the* authoritative source for chameleon care, I would just like to say well done to all involved with the update and thank you for your hard work!

Jordan

Wow what a change! I am a little lost, but I am sure I will get to know my way around in no time! Thank you Brad and Trace(and to anyone else involved) for all of your hard work and effort to keep the Chameleon Forums up and running!!.

Thank you for all of your hard work Brad and Trace! The new forums looks great! Now I've just got to learn how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom