Shedding

Roger.bowen

Established Member
How often do baby veiled chameleons shed. I have had him for about a month and he is tiny and not shedding. I would estimate he is only about 2.5/3 months old.
image.jpeg

He's a little bit thin in my opinion, how often are you feeding him, and how much? What is your supplementing like?

He's a little bit thin in my opinion, how often are you feeding him, and how much? What is your supplementing like?
I feed him daily with 1/8 crickets, about 12-20
calcium without d3 daily
calcium with d3 2-3 a month
multivitamins 2-3 a month

I am planing on ordering some mealworms for my new gecko, along with some more crickets, hornworms, silkworms and some worm that can fatten him up. (I'm guessing like butter worms or wax worms)

Have you gotten a fecal on him recently? And I would get butter worms, they are fattening but high in calcium also. However watch for allergic reactions.

Have you gotten a fecal on him recently? And I would get butter worms, they are fattening but high in calcium also. However watch for allergic reactions.
Unfortantly I have not gotten any test on him yet because I have only had him for over a month.

I would take a fecal in, just a fecal, to your vet. Put it in a plastic sandwhich bag and store it in the fridge if needed.

Hmmm good question, I think q normal vet could do it technically bit they couldn't prescribe the meds needed. They also might decide they won't do it.

Hmmm good question, I think q normal vet could do it technically bit they couldn't prescribe the meds needed. They also might decide they won't do it.
I will give them a call when I get home, cause if not the drive is 45 minutes

Back
Top Bottom