resting head on branch

Daver13

Hey my cham seems to like resting his head on a bump on the branch, I've read that, that could be a sign of sickness but this is his basking spot so I'm wondering if he just does it for comfort or if it's a bad sign, nothing else about him indicates sickness he's a completely normal healthy chameleon but he has been kind of fussy with eating the last couple days, but he isn't refusing to eat completely. Does he need a trip to the vet? I'd take a pic of it but he's started moving around

I have two healthy chams that rest their heads on their basking branches while basking. Yuki my female veiled and Marimo the male ellioti. I thought this was fully normal before I got Ryuu who holds his head high and puffs out his throat as if to terrify any intruders while basking, and Midori who hangs almost upside down under the UVB light, despite my best efforts to provide 2 basking spots for her and Marimo...

If your cham is not closing his eyes and does not look sick, he might just be doing his basking thing and nothing out of the ordinary :) This is my opinion though, and I have only been a chameleon owner for a year and a quarter :D

I have two healthy chams that rest their heads on their basking branches while basking. Yuki my female veiled and Marimo the male ellioti. I thought this was fully normal before I got Ryuu who holds his head high and puffs out his throat as if to terrify any intruders while basking, and Midori who hangs almost upside down under the UVB light, despite my best efforts to provide 2 basking spots for her and Marimo...

If your cham is not closing his eyes and does not look sick, he might just be doing his basking thing and nothing out of the ordinary :) This is my opinion though, and I have only been a chameleon owner for a year and a quarter :D

He definitely doesn't look sick, or act sick at all, just the fussy eating, which is normal for young adult panthers. I just took a pic of him right now so everyone can take a look at him (he hates phones and cameras so always puffs up for pics)

Attachments

• IMG_20140326_184400.jpg
    IMG_20140326_184400.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 654
I don't see anything wrong with him visually :) and if you don't have the feeling he is sick, I'm certain he was just comfortable basking. The only thing I see in that picture is a healthy, beautiful looking panther :D

Thanks for the input! He seems perfectly fine, it's just the fussy eating which bothers me, but that's normal

He definitely doesn't look sick, or act sick at all, just the fussy eating, which is normal for young adult panthers. I just took a pic of him right now so everyone can take a look at him (he hates phones and cameras so always puffs up for pics)
He looks fine from the pic you are posting. They will rest their heads, it does not mean anything is wrong.

There's actually a scientific name for that behavior and in lizard acadamia speak it's known as "super chill mode";it may alternately be termed the "I Don't give a crickets turd look". It usually occurs in those down times inbetween the morning heat up, breakfast, some basking, perusing the Wall Street Journal with a glass of orange juice, and this kind of laying your head down flat out in front on like a stick or something, and then just sitting there all chill till the next episode,and being like, "winning". Drop the mike, life is good. Chameleon life forever.

There's actually a scientific name for that behavior and in lizard acadamia speak it's known as "super chill mode";it may alternately be termed the "I Don't give a crickets turd look". It usually occurs in those down times inbetween the morning heat up, breakfast, some basking, perusing the Wall Street Journal with a glass of orange juice, and this kind of laying your head down flat out in front on like a stick or something, and then just sitting there all chill till the next episode,and being like, "winning". Drop the mike, life is good. Chameleon life forever.

ill have what he is having

Like they said up there ^^, in that picture I see a beautiful, healthy boy.

Get used to the idea that your beloved pet is sometimes a little weirdo, and that this is both OK and hilarious. I often find mine in a funny pose or engaged in some at-first bewildering activity. All part of the charm.

Oh, and sometimes their appetite will decrease a bit in the days before a shed. As long as he hasn't stopped eating entirely, and he's drinking, I wouldn't be concerned yet.

Back
Top Bottom