R-zilla Terrarium Tank Topper??

I have one and I really like them. The only problem is if you feede small feeders they tend to escape if they aren't eaten right away. But otherwise I really like them.

I have one and I really like them. The only problem is if you feede small feeders they tend to escape if they aren't eaten right away. But otherwise I really like them.

do you have a 10 or 20 gal tank? how big is your cham?

You should not use glass enclosures:
They see their reflection
Improper Airflow

Unless you have a pyg

-Steve

i have a veiled, what if i put those tree posters around the glass cage and used the terrarium top? then she wouldnt be able to see the reflection

i have a veiled, what if i put those tree posters around the glass cage and used the terrarium top? then she wouldnt be able to see the reflection

Where are you located?

People in the UK can get away with that. besides that, USE A SCREEN CAGE!!

If you cant care for your chameleon properly you should reconsider having one. SCREEN CAGE

If you really want a chameleon and you do not have the proper space to care for one you should sell off the veiled and buy some pygmy chameleons. The setup your talking about with a tank and topper would great for a pygmy if you don't get too cold in your area. If it does get cold, forget the topper and get a hood and your pygmies will be happy.

A veiled should never be kept in the type of tank you are talking about. In the UK they do use glass but they use tall well ventilated tank that are designed to hold in warmth for their colder climate and are designed for chameleons.

If you really want a chameleon and you do not have the proper space to care for one you should sell off the veiled and buy some pygmy chameleons. The setup your talking about with a tank and topper would great for a pygmy if you don't get too cold in your area. If it does get cold, forget the topper and get a hood and your pygmies will be happy.

A veiled should never be kept in the type of tank you are talking about. In the UK they do use glass but they use tall well ventilated tank that are designed to hold in warmth for their colder climate and are designed for chameleons.

thanks.

i found some links on this site to cheap screen cages. also my veiled isnt full grown yet, maybe half a year old at most. breeder told me a tank will be ok until its grown. im looking for a new cage now, i dont need to reconsider having a cham, lizardlover get bent. im aware and have been aware that screen cages are the ideal setup to keep any chameleon in, this isnt news to me. i posted to find out about the terrarium top.

thanks.
i dont need to reconsider having a cham, lizardlover get bent. im aware and have been aware that screen cages are the ideal setup to keep any chameleon in, this isnt news to me. i posted to find out about the terrarium top.

No one here is trying to attack anyone, though it may come off that way sometime. Everyone here just loves chameleons so much they would like to ensure that every chameleon they know about is receiving the best care possible.
People use this website for knowledge and it is a good way to fix your own mistakes. Sometime you receive the wrong knowledge when you get your animal, be it from petstore or even breeders. Be open to what people here say, many have year upon years of experience.
Anyone can have one clutch and call themselves a breeder.

Great point dragongoddess, and thank you for making it. There can be at times a level of tension in theses posts. I'am 28 years old and have been raising reptiles since I was six. I even worked in the reptile house at my local zoo for a few years before I joined the military, and I'am humbled by the amount of information I get everytime I visit this site. Be open to criticism and advice, it's not personal.

I have a baby veiled in one. It's on top of a 20 gal. long. I'm currently building a larger cage but for the meanwhile, it's great. I rarely see my baby going into the aquarium part so it's working out great. I wouldn't recommend it for a permanent enclosure, for baby time it's good.

I was thinking of getting one as a "laying bin cage". My female always passes the bin in her cage and goes to the floor, with this you could fill the tank with the sand and soil.

okay..
everyone says all screen cage.. over and over..

im not saying i would use anything else..

but as far as airflow.. im quite sure that the air flow is hardly hindered when it comes to that set up..

now for seeing the reflection thats a possibility at being stressful..

i would like some of you to explain yourselfs a little more in your reasoning behind this..

Back
Top Bottom