9:15am- mist 1min
11:00am- mist 1min 15sec
1:00pm- mist 1min 15sec
3:00pm- mist 1min 15sec
5:00pm- mist 1min
7:00pm- mist 1min
8:00pm- mist 10sec
9:00- lights off

I realize my lights arent on a 12x12 schedule but its summer time so it doesnt get dark until close to 9pm so im following the sun.

any suggestions or opinions and what you guys' misting schedules are would be greatly appreciated. ive seen a lot of different things on this and this seems to be working but im open to change. My cham doesnt care too much for the misting but this could be that hes not used to it yet so he kinda runs from it.

I do have a hygrometer in the enclosure and it reads between 60%-90% through out the day on my current misting schedule. I have a male Veiled approx. 3-4months old

I have a veiled also with a similar schedule
8am lights on
8:45am mist 1 min
10:45am mist 1 min
12:45am mist 2 min
2:45pm mist 1 min
4:45pm mist 1 min
6:45pm mist 1 min
8:00pm Lights off
In fall/winter I make misting 1.5 mins as the air is dryer

Why the 10 sec mist at 8pm? does bump humidity that much? It's hard to say what misting schedule is best there are alot of variables, like where you live, cage type, cage location, room humidity, even the type of chameleon. You want to really just keep humidity levels in the range for your species.

Last edited:
Just posting my daily misting schedule for suggestions. I have a mistking

6:00am - Lights on
7:00am - Mist 1min
9:15am- mist 1min
11:00am- mist 1min 15sec
1:00pm- mist 1min 15sec
3:00pm- mist 1min 15sec
5:00pm- mist 1min
7:00pm- mist 1min
8:00pm- mist 10sec
9:00- lights off

I realize my lights arent on a 12x12 schedule but its summer time so it doesnt get dark until close to 9pm so im following the sun.

any suggestions or opinions and what you guys' misting schedules are would be greatly appreciated. ive seen a lot of different things on this and this seems to be working but im open to change. My cham doesnt care too much for the misting but this could be that hes not used to it yet so he kinda runs from it.

I do have a hygrometer in the enclosure and it reads between 60%-90% through out the day on my current misting schedule. I have a male Veiled approx. 3-4months old

There is not one-size-fits-all misting schedules, even for the same species.

A lot depends on the humidity of the cage and the ambient air. Misting schedules will change based on the relative humidity of the air in the room and that depends on the weather conditions in your area, how you heat and air condition your house, your cage and how the cage is planted.

My inclination would be to have two long sessions of 3 minutes, one early in the morning and the other early in the afternoon, plus a few short ones during the day just to keep the humidity up. I would turn your lights out earlier as well even when the sun is up, which creates a much more natural lighting rather than bright lights suddenly shutting off to near darkness.

Back
Top Bottom