Mellers chameleon

So if i make it 4' feet high, then it's wider than taller. :p
But that's propably not what you mean :D

But are they oke with being housed alone?

Thx for the quick replies, Bramo

Yes, they can live alone no prob. It's just that they can live with others... that isn't very common in chameleons.

Henry prefers to be alone and displays very unhappy coloring when he can see other chameleons, even other melleri. He will 'hide' behind a plant when he can see others. He is even shy of the dog..... for obvious reasons. He doesn't care about her when he can see her.... shows no stress. but I noticed he sits behind a plant more when she is in her kennel, in sight. There is no chance for the dog to reach him, hes about 4.5' off the ground and shes always locked up unless someone is home.

thanks!

About the melleri being yellow.... yellow is not a good color. it is a high stress, unhealthy color. Melleri should be green and yellow alternating yellow bars. The photo of Lenny on the lamp is a very calm coloring, minus the slight spotting. mild black spots like you see on Lenny are her 'hmm something is off a bit' display. She is unsure of her surroundings a bit.

Be sure to get some room before you jump into it.

I'm sure the one at the store is a bit stressed considering it's WC and in a cage. I wish I could get one...but for now I'll just admire your pics lol.

Kevin:
I've really never noticed it before even having seen it in person but the vines on the left hand side of your free range look like a killer roller coaster. Now about the cricket water crystals being that clean, you had to have just changed those within the last 15-20 minutes, crickets are pigs.

haha Brad, yeah I might have just changed the water out before taking that photo... :eek:

And yeah those were my thoughts about the vines in the free range. it's actually kinda fun to see the melleri pacing the vines going up and down and around. I would say George is the most active aside from Lenny. George goes all over most of the day just checking things out.

Thanks so much for De-mystifying Mellers. I've been wanting one, but can't free-range due to cats with claws. I love that idea of 2 cages side by side, never thought of that. Great job with yours, and hopefully at some point I can convince my husband that we don't really need a dining room, and might as well fill it with chameleons!

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom