Male or Female?

Claudia

Hi,
I have one panther chameleon baby (2 months) and I just can't tell for sure if is it male or female. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 149
Hi,
I have one panther chameleon baby (2 months) and I just can't tell for sure if is it male or female. What do you think?

Yes appears to be a male but my main question back is what type of setup are these babies in? From the looks there are at least 8 babies in most likely a single small glass cage? By two months of age there shouldn't be that many babies together in any size cage and they should be down to at least 2-3 max in a cage that small. The health of the babies worries me more than the sex at this time.

Yes appears to be a male but my main question back is what type of setup are these babies in? From the looks there are at least 8 babies in most likely a single small glass cage? By two months of age there shouldn't be that many babies together in any size cage and they should be down to at least 2-3 max in a cage that small. The health of the babies worries me more than the sex at this time.

Thank you for notice! This is my first clutch. The terraium is 23x15x19 inch. I have 4 terrariums that are this size and 27 babies and more are comming. I am a bit overwhelmed by them :D. I thought they can be together until 3 months. I will fix it. The one on photo is my oldest one. He is 2 months, but the others are about a month. Thank you so much for telling me. Do you think it is ok, if I buy plastic boxes for them? I saw that on many videos.

Thank you for notice! This is my first clutch. The terraium is 23x15x19 inch. I have 4 terrariums that are this size and 27 babies and more are comming. I am a bit overwhelmed by them :D. I thought they can be together until 3 months. I will fix it. The one on photo is my oldest one. He is 2 months, but the others are about a month. Thank you so much for telling me. Do you think it is ok, if I buy plastic boxes for them? I saw that on many videos.

Congratulations on your first clutch! I would separate them as much as possible as they do the best when raised individually so anything you can do to get them closer to 1 per cage is ideal. Plastic bins work and are most likely the cheapest option. Also, make sure you house them in groups of similar size. So the male above will need to be on his own or with others his size. You will really start to see problems when you have such a large difference in size living together. More than likely one if not more of the smaller ones will get hurt or possibility even killed so also best to keep apart or at least in small groups of similar size.

Back
Top Bottom