Is it an Egg?

Cali Reaper

i woke up to feed my female Chameleon and she started to poop and I have never encounter an egg from a chameleon but as she pooped, she also had a shaped up thing that looks like an egg but I was going to throwbit away because I am thinking it could be poop. By the picture tell me if it is poop or egg. I do not want to throw it away unless its poop.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 265
This is her but i felt her belly and I did not feel any eggs in her.

Is this big enough for her eggs to be laid in? Ofcours I will fill it to the top.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    427 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 173
Definitely not big enough, it needs to be wider and longer. She is also definitely gravid, sometimes you can't feel the eggs, so that practice can be unreliable.

Definitely not big enough, it needs to be wider and longer. She is also definitely gravid, sometimes you can't feel the eggs, so that practice can be unreliable.

Would you say 2" wider and 2" longer? When you mean longer, from top to bottom?

She needs depth of at least 9 inches, though a foot would be better. And I would make it like 8 inches in length and width.

I use a 30 gallon Rubbermaid garbage can with about 12-15 inches of substrate for my females to dig & lay

No greenhouse! I can put sticks in the substrate & a clamp lamp on the rim of the can for basking & let them dig and lay undisturbed!

Well I live in an apartment so I do not have much room for that so I got a flower pot instead 10' wide around and 12" deep, its 2.45 gal. pot.

Its been 2 days now she hasnt laid anymore eggs and I have laying bin for her. She has been chilling underneth the basking light. Should I be concerned?

She will pile up the dirt/sand so if it is not deeper than the soil there will be dirt everywhere.... How about at least a 5 gallon bucket?

She will pile up the dirt/sand so if it is not deeper than the soil there will be dirt everywhere.... How about at least a 5 gallon bucket?

the cage she is in won't fit anymore bigger than what I have for her, a 2.45 gallon flower pot 12" deep and 10"wide round.

I used one part sand 5 parts peat moss put a tarp or a paper block is over them so they don't get Disturbed. but that's definitely an egg . I just had that happen last week one egg next to a stool

I used one part sand 5 parts peat moss put a tarp or a paper block is over them so they don't get Disturbed. but that's definitely an egg . I just had that happen last week one egg next to a stool

I have cut a black trash bag and covered all four sides and I can see on the top if she is at the top off her cage or bottom. I am planning to get play sand mix it well with soil I have in the lay bin.

Back
Top Bottom