Is he too fat

hagmegsis

My little guy is 5.5 months old. He has quit the appetite, but I'm afraid he's getting too fat. You can see he's currently shedding. Should I feed him less? Also, he was a bit small for his age the last time I asked. Does he seem to be growing okay to you?

Attachments

• 20160429_201319.jpg
    20160429_201319.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20160429_201346.jpg
    20160429_201346.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 210
I don't know if it is just the picture or if his eyes are sunken in. I have one quad that has particularly deep set eyes because of a very prominent brow ridge, so maybe it just his conformation around his eyes. Can you send some more pictures of his eyes and along his back, especially around his pelvis?

Here's one pic that shows his eye little more. I'm working on new pics.

Attachments

• 20160429_201338.jpg
    20160429_201338.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 184
I don't know if it is just the picture or if his eyes are sunken in. I have one quad that has particularly deep set eyes because of a very prominent brow ridge, so maybe it just his conformation around his eyes. Can you send some more pictures of his eyes and along his back, especially around his pelvis?

I've uploaded a few different angles.

He looks great! With my males I generally feed everyday until eight or nine months, then I watch their casques to see how much fat they're storing. You'll notice a bulge in either side of the casque (I start to notice this around one year old usually) and you can adjust your schedule based on the size. It's all comes with experience but this is the way I gauge how much to feed each individual chameleon as they grow.

my male was chubby even on the heavy side ,after he was 8 months old he lost weight ,thought he was sick but he is healtly , beautiful cham ,, almost looks like my marley when he was 5-6 months old

Thanks everyone. I was worried because he's eating around 20 crickets a day; and it sounds like a lot. My pet store only offers crickets and meal worms. I will keep an eye on his casque.

Back
Top Bottom