hissing roaches

and also do they stink or are they cleaner then crickets? that the whole reason i dumped my cricket colony because they smelt so bad and i heard roaches were much cleaner

You can't unfortunately. Until you find babies. If I were you I would start a colony of dubias and a colony of hissers like I do. That way it is less of a strain on just one colony. I got my dubias from gotdubias.com, great website and awoke starter package price!

You can't unfortunately. Until you find babies. If I were you I would start a colony of dubias and a colony of hissers like I do. That way it is less of a strain on just one colony. I got my dubias from gotdubias.com, great website and awoke starter package price!

i think im going to try that

You dumped your crickets? Those guys r invasive and can live in walls.. hopefully it was far away from your place. I have several roach species and dont use substrate for ease of cleaning. I only keep small colonies. They do well, I just find they breed slower than other species.. live longer though so u could probably get more breeders if u want to have a good feeding colony going. Once they get going then.. they breed like roaches :) The adults r pretty large though; possibly not the best as staple to chams unless u have other bigger reptiles that can eat the adult sizes? Since those guys r big.. they r kinda cool looking. I have one inside the house on display. Freaks people out.. ah that's partly the point.. partly I just like looking at it. They r kind of hard to enjoy when they r all out in the dark feeder bin but they don't smell in and of themselves.. any dirty bin will make ur eyes open wide and have u take a step back any day. Climb well. Overall.. good roach.

You dumped your crickets? Those guys r invasive and can live in walls.. hopefully it was far away from your place. I have several roach species and dont use substrate for ease of cleaning. I only keep small colonies. They do well, I just find they breed slower than other species.. live longer though so u could probably get more breeders if u want to have a good feeding colony going. Once they get going then.. they breed like roaches :) The adults r pretty large though; possibly not the best as staple to chams unless u have other bigger reptiles that can eat the adult sizes? Since those guys r big.. they r kinda cool looking. I have one inside the house on display. Freaks people out.. ah that's partly the point.. partly I just like looking at it. They r kind of hard to enjoy when they r all out in the dark feeder bin but they don't smell in and of themselves.. any dirty bin will make ur eyes open wide and have u take a step back any day. Climb well. Overall.. good roach.

lol by dump i mean my frogs went on a feeding frenzy lol. and all my reptiles are ether mice eaters or veggie eaters so these are for my frogs and the cham i mite be getting soon. and thats gross you keep roaches as pets? eww lol jk but i cant stand them i cant even sleep at night lol.

handle? your crazy lol roaches are my worst fear

I used to be petrified of bugs too, and I was afraid to hold the dubias when I first got them. But these are not "house" roaches you see in like new york. I guarantee you you will be pro-roach in a few months lol. just make sure you put vaseline around the top 1/4 of the tank.

I used to be petrified of bugs too, and I was afraid to hold the dubias when I first got them. But these are not "house" roaches you see in like new york. I guarantee you you will be pro-roach in a few months lol. just make sure you put vaseline around the top 1/4 of the tank.

i probably will get use to then but there just so nasty lol i got no problem with any other bugs i use to keep tarantulas and scorpions but its just something about roaches lol.

your lucky i cant find hissers anywhere cheap! this one jerk lived an hour away from me and said whats my address to do shipping cost for 10 adult hissers and then hes says "oh i dont ship" and i got really mad!!!!!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom