healing burn on my Chams side

annamiotla

Hello everyone,

This is Zoe, a veiled chameleon that has been neutered before she came to us (complicated story, her previous owner didn't take proper care of her and she had to be neutered). She is around 10 months old.
The first picture here is when the spot was white- it was when she was still new and we didn't realize that it might be a burn, by that time she had a long UVB bulb inside of the enclosure and she could touch it, that's how she got burned I think. We changed all the setup so now she should be fine- I checked the temperatures and she is basking in the middle of her basking spot, so no way she can get burned again.
I've been to the vet, she gave us two treatments: Hibiscrub (he thought that it may be fungal) and Flamazine (in case of burn).
I post the picture from yesterday, the slimy white thing on the burn is Flamazine. Today I cleaned her a bit, very gently, but a tiny piece of grey skin came off.
My question too all of you is: is that ok? vet said that the dead skin will come off and heal.
Does that look how it's supposed to, you, more experienced cham owners?
I'm asking here because the vet is supposed to call me next week and I don't know how long it may take her.

Thank you so much for all the help- I was reading plenty of posts on the forum, very helpful stuff!

Attachments

• IMAG4351.jpg
    IMAG4351.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG4380.jpg
    IMAG4380.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG4510.jpg
    IMAG4510.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 151
The first picture here is when the spot was white- it was when she was still new and we didn't realize that it might be a burn, by that time she had a long UVB bulb inside of the enclosure and she could touch it, that's how she got burned I think.
I dont think she got burn from the UVB bulb,since the long tube or coil uvb doesn't put out too much heat,she is burn by the heat lamp which put out lots heat for the basking spot,just make sure it doesnt get any secondary infection on that spot,check it daily.

Back
Top Bottom