Female veiled got tongue stuck on branch and hurt her tongue trying to retract it.

I was feeding my cham this morning and she went to shoot her roach and her tongue got stuck on a branch and she had trouble retracting it cause it stuck to the branch. I tried to feed her another roach and she couldn't shoot her tongue more than half way out. I haven't tried to feed her since this morning in an attempt to let her tongue heal. I hand fed her some lettuce so she wouldn't have to extend her tongue and she seemed fine. How long does something like this take to heal? are there any measures I can take to help the healing process?

It really depends on how much ur cham damage on her tongue muscle,a vet visit will tell if its in the serious condition or not,in the meantime,I would set up a feeder cup so its easy for her to catch the feeder since she will need to heal her tongue properly in order to get the nutrition that she needs without further damage to her tongue muscle,hopefully it will self heal quickly ,since the tongue will be useful even just for licking the water drop and other functions will be limited.

Back
Top Bottom