Eating Problems

Discussion in 'Chameleon Food' started by Crayola, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Crayola

Crayola
    Expand Collapse

My chameleon is chewing up the crickets and spiting them out! What should I do? or that mean? Does he not like them any more and I should try to give him something different! Any suggestions!

2. ChamomilleCame

ChamomilleCame
    Expand Collapse
    Established Member

How big are the crickets? Once my cham choked on a big one

3. Crayola

Crayola
    Expand Collapse

There baby crickets. The smallest you can get! He is only about 4 and 1/2 months! He just went through his first shedding!

4. ChamomilleCame

ChamomilleCame
    Expand Collapse
    Established Member

Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe they just have a foul taste or something :confused: He might not like them.
    The crickets you say are pinheads, right?
    Or (I'm just guessing on this one, don't take my word for it) he could have a little cut or something that hurts him when he swallows.... it could be

5. Crayola

Crayola
    Expand Collapse

yeah they are pinheads. But Dads Girlfriend(HolyToledo) been telling me to feed him worms but he runs from them. He was eating house flies but its to cold now to get them! So i dont know what to do. Kinda weird

6. HolyToledo

HolyToledo
    Expand Collapse

So, how is the eating problem now?

You need to have a variety of bugs, fruits, and veggies that you offer this guy. He is soooo picky!!

I said to use the worms cuz he wasn't eating anything else. And did he even eat many of either kind of worms you got?

7. kinyonga

kinyonga
    Expand Collapse
    Chameleon Enthusiast

If he's 4 1/2 months old pinheads are likely too small.