Drip irrigation

Extensionofgreen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Has anyone ever rigged up a drip system using their MistKing pump or created another system that can be used like misting, to run for a length of time and be automated? I'm looking into other portions for ensuring optimal hydration in my parsonii.

I don't know if the MistKing pump would work for a lower intensity drip application. What about trying a gardening timer that controls drip irrigators? You could probably plumb a garden hose to your reservoir and mount the timer to that. I did something similar years ago for a breeding colony of leaf frogs. Ran the driplines from tank to tank and controlled the line with a timer.

I was thinking of something akin to that. The trouble is I have an 800gpd RO system and I can't leave the hoses on a timer. The hoses will rupture and flood the basement ( happened once already ), so it would have to be a system attached to a reservoir.

So, I am going to find a "Y" connector and run another line from my MistKing pump that will power these:
https://www.dripworks.com/woodpecker-emitters

I need a "Y" connector that allows me to shut off the mist and just run the dripper line.

I'll still mist for eye health, humidity, and the plants, but the drip irrigators will hopefully fulfill their need to sit and lap up dripping water at a parson's pace. This will eliminate a lot of wasted water from misting for longer periods to achieve the larger droplets and hoping the position themselves at the right location to sit under that drip. Now they will have several dripping stations that can run for hours a day and not flood the earth a la Noah's Ark!

I use a ball valve to slow water to my babies, I think this will work for you
IMG_0569.PNG

I like this idea, got me thinking about new ways to get H2O to my montanes without burning 5 gallons a day in through the mistking.

I ordered a system from dripworks.com that will run off my faucet, that is connected to the RO system. It was less than $150 and if left to run an hour it will only disperse 5 gallons of water, with 10 drip emitters. It's much more effective and practical for the needs of slow drinkers, like parsonii.
I'll be sure to post photos of it, when it is installed in my 16' build. I'll still be using the MistKing for eye cleaning and humidity, but their primary hydration needs will be met via the drip system.

Back
Top Bottom