chameleons and other reptiles?

wontbme

what animal (reptile) could i house with my chameleon? she's a veiled of 6 months.
and i wanted to know if i could purchase any other reptile where they can live together

the cage size is 24x24x48

Haha. But for real. You can't house anything with a chameleon and expect one of them to not kill the other. Not even another chameleon.

so theres no even sized animal that can be housed with a chameleon?
could a veiled actually be feed anoles as a staple diet?

alright, was just wondering.
how big would an enclosure have to be for two veileds to live together? just out of curiosity

You could put cages next to eachother w/a barrier in between and pretend they live together. Just don't let them see eachother.

I wouldn't put anything in to live with my chameleon. They would stress eachother out and probably compete for food therefore starving the other animal. As said, before chameleons like to be alone.

alright, was just wondering.
how big would an enclosure have to be for two veileds to live together? just out of curiosity

Not a good idea. Even if two chameleons where kept together and you didn't see any signs as previously mentioned, such as them competing for food or heat or space, you as the keeper wouldn't be able to see the underlying stress the animals would be hiding from you. I would think the happiness of your animals would be more important than some aesthetic pleasure you might derive from housing them together.

-a note to those people that successfully keep chams together- I'm not saying it cannot be done just saying it should be something done after years of experience and tried and true animals that you have predetermined through observation can be housed together safely

I guess you could keep two chameleons in the same enclosure if your enclosure is a huge jungle and they never met eachother. I doubt that can happen though... it'd be awesome.

Opps.....

I Had a Leopard Gecko in with my Veiled Chameleon while I was in High School.....And then, the gecko was gone.....and, I never knew what happened....after reading this forum and watching a Chameleon eat a gecko on youtube I think it is safe to say I know what happened to my poor leopard gecko:(

Back
Top Bottom