Bacchus, changing colors again!!

Dr O

Veterinarian
Bacchus seemed to settle on his red and blue for many months, but look where he’s going now!! from baby photo——>recent——>present.

file_zps5b69084e.jpg

file_zpsf8969453.jpg

file_zpse12434dd.jpg

file_zpsf1d02a71.jpg

file_zpsa9b498b6.jpg

file_zpsce414e2e.jpg

file_zps552cdb3b.jpg

file_zps16fc2da8.jpg

he looks awesome! is he a hybrid?

nope, he’s straight up ambi from Yankfathom, about 18 months old. i’ve got clutches brewing of him with several different ambi lines and a faly cross from a beautiful dame and lineage. just had to see where that one would go.

he has basically been red and blue for a good 6-8 months now even at rest, but the last photo shows his current resting colors which are a bizarre mustardy-yellow and green (w/ red and blue spots). but when he fires now he has gone to such an unusual yellow where it was all red before. but he will change again….:D

and i love the 2nd the last shot—he truly has a tie-dye starburst in that left armpit!! :D :D

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you get all the luck with chams and they're colors?!?!?!?!? i demand an answer!!!!

do you think you'll have any of your beautiful baby panthers available in march?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you get all the luck with chams and they're colors?!?!?!?!? i demand an answer!!!!

do you think you'll have any of your beautiful baby panthers available in march?

thank you!!

frankly, i think i will always have chams available from now on! so many eggs, so many breeders, just takes so much time to hatch and grow!

that come with a very selective eye, looking at family pedigree, and many happy years playing with and treating chams! p.s.—i also give some credit to Repashy SuperPig which is in EVERY meal from their very first fruit fly.

that come with a very selective eye, looking at family pedigree, and many happy years playing with and treating chams! p.s.—i also give some credit to Repashy SuperPig which is in EVERY meal from their very first fruit fly.

Sorry for being off topic but i just have to ask, do you believe that SuperPig really makes a noticeable difference? Also, I noticed that SuperPig doesn't stick to insects that well, so how do you give it?

Sorry for being off topic but i just have to ask, do you believe that SuperPig really makes a noticeable difference? Also, I noticed that SuperPig doesn't stick to insects that well, so how do you give it?

look, there’s no doubt that it’s one of those things that is quite literally impossible to quantitate, but i do know many beardie and gecko breeders that swear by it, at least one exotic pet shop owner that feels he has seen many before and afters, and i know the ingredients are a wonderful blend of what animals in nature truly typically rely on to produce bright colors. and it does no harm. scientifically it’s just making various color-enhancing nutrients available to my chams, so i have no reason to doubt that it has some effect. so far, my baby chams have really been bright for their ages comparatively, and i seem to get a fair amount of compliments. so i’m sticking with it!

i just cut whatever calcium powder i’m using by 50% and add my refrigerated Pig, and have had no issues with sticking. granted, insects like supers or beetles tend to shed powder very quickly, but as the instructions say it can also be fed directly to feeders (which i do), added to things like Bug Burger (which i do), etc.

He looks fantastic!!! 5th and 7th picts are my favorite, where do you get your super pig and bug burger ?

fyi, his colors swung completely back to the red after 2 months of being yellow. he was quite the highlight of last week’s Daytona show! pix of him all around on The Reptile Report, Zoo Med’s FB page, and several others.

fyi, his colors swung completely back to the red after 2 months of being yellow. he was quite the highlight of last week’s Daytona show! pix of him all around on The Reptile Report, Zoo Med’s FB page, and several others.

Thats always fun to find photos of your chams on other peoples facebook pages :D I always find Little Clowns photos all over after we do a show

Back
Top Bottom