Baby Veiled- How much do they sleep?

pwbedford

Hi everyone! I am a new owner of a cute baby veiled chameleon and he ate well yesterday. He fell asleep at about 7 last night and is awake now (8:30am) but is moving kind of slow. How much do babies sleep typically?

Thank you!

Thank you so much. One more question, how many crickets do they usually eat a day? He ate about 5 yesterday. We have them in a little tray, but heard it might be better to turn them loose so he can hunt them.
Thank you for the article. It was great. I need to purchase two additional supplements that you mentioned.

Baby veileds eat allot!!! Make sure the crickets are small enough and he should eat 15 or so a day. I would cup feed some and allow some of the crickets to free range in the cage. Just don't leave crickets in the cage over night or they can eat on your cham.

Why don't you post some pictures of your little guy and his cage.

029.jpg

Here is my little guy.

Cute little veiled. My veiled was about that size when I first purchased him a month and a half ago and he's gotten HUGE since then.

Thanks. So they grow that fast? That is great. We bought one the other day and he didnt make it through the night, but this guy seems to be doing good. He hasnt eaten yet this morning and is still a little sleepy, so I am hoping he is ok.

Most chameleons (baby or adults) go to sleep or start getting in the sleeping position as the sun sets. They will probably not actually fall asleep until you turn the lights off. Lights disturb their sleep. It is best to have your lights come on when it gets light outside and go off when it gets dark. Just try to mimic their natural habitat.

Back
Top Bottom