My chameleon is about 1 year old and I have had him for about 5 wks. I got him at petsmart. I keep him in a 3' tall 2' round screened vivarium. he has a solor glo bulb with a cup of water hanging from it for humidity. He has greenery secured up and down and decorative branches to climb on. I feed him crickets, mealworms, and wax worms. He drinks readily when I put the spray bottle to his mouth. I dust his food with a reptile vitamin. I am also trying to get him interested in cockroaches.
Heres what he is doing-
1) a couple times i looked in his viv and he was hanging upside down by his back feet. I didn't think much of it.
2) he has started searching for things to grab onto with his R. front leg and ends up grabbing his head instead.
3) He doesn't want to climb, and can't climb very well. After a while he loses his grip and falls. or he can't find the branches with his R. front foot. Just his face.
4) His left front leg seemed fine until yesterday. My sister in law said he fell in his 3' tall viv. Now He would only reach behind himself trying to find something to grab. Not up, even if he could clearly see what was in front of him.
5) his anatomy doesnt look quite right on close exam. I am worried he dislocated his L. elbow falling. Also his bones on his front legs- the forearm section almost seem bowed. Like he has had MBD?
I have moved him to a 10 gallon aquarium whith nothing to climb so he cant hurt himself. I am getting it up to 90 degrees and misting frequently. He actually ate a cricket while grasping his face with his R. foot. His color is good and green. he has a strong grip with all feet, eats, drinks. He is very alert moving his eyes, looking at everything.
Can anyone please please help me?
My personal e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
I have 2 bearded dragons that do quite well. I know chameleons are more advanced than beardies.